James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yep, can't see Mings staying although he would be a good backup.  He'll want first team football after losing his England place.

------------------Martinez---------------
Cash Tarkowski Carlos Digne
-----------------Kamara------------------

Can’t see Newcastle signing Mings. They see themselves as CL challengers already and if we don’t want a player, they won’t take him.

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Can’t see Newcastle signing Mings. They see themselves as CL challengers already and if we don’t want a player, they won’t take him.

It's not that we don't want Mings, it's that he won't want us.  He's not going to sit as a back up in a World Cup year especially when he's just been dropped.

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's not that we don't want Mings, it's that he won't want us.  He's not going to sit as a back up in a World Cup year especially when he's just been dropped.

I don’t see Mings being happy as a bench option either. Especially not after having been captain.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I don’t see Mings being happy as a bench option either. Especially not after having been captain.

It'll be best if we move him on if he's not going to play.

Not sure this will end well as I can't see on earth who would buy him. If rumours leak as well, fans of interested clubs will all kick off.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Tarkowski knows this league, well.....Thats a huge consideration.

It sounds like a no brainer to me.

League experience isn't essential, Phil Jones has plenty of Premier League experience doubt many would take him. 

Anyway, I believe Tarkowski and Carlos will both sign.

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

League experience isn't essential, Phil Jones has plenty of Premier League experience doubt many would take him. 

I think league experience is important.....but you are making it sound like the ONLY consideration, which is not what was proposed.

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's not essential, which is why he didn't say it was?

It is a huge consideration. Most our squad has prem experience as a Villa player and nothing else. I'd rather get a well-regarded, solid Prem CB than someone with zero knowledge of the league, if their ability is similar. Add to that they'll both want big contracts, but one is a free transfer and the other is someone Atletico don't want to lose

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, skarroki said:

It's not essential, which is why he didn't say it was?

It is a huge consideration. Most our squad has prem experience as a Villa player and nothing else. I'd rather get a well-regarded, solid Prem CB than someone with zero knowledge of the league, if their ability is similar. Add to that they'll both want big contracts, but one is a free transfer and the other is someone Atletico don't want to lose

I think its Sevilla.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll be best if we move him on if he's not going to play.

Not sure this will end well as I can't see on earth who would buy him. If rumours leak as well, fans of interested clubs will all kick off.

So a player with lots of experience who until 2 days ago was an England international, is almost unsaleable?

I agree that it might be tricky for him to lose his England place and potentially his place in our team, plus perhaps the captaincy too. He may be persuaded to continue with us or want to move on, but selling him wouldn’t, in my opinion, require superhuman sales ability. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So a player with lots of experience who until 2 days ago was an England international, is almost unsaleable?

I agree that it might be tricky for him to lose his England place and potentially his place in our team, plus perhaps the captaincy too. He may be persuaded to continue with us or want to move on, but selling him wouldn’t, in my opinion, require superhuman sales ability. 

I think it would be tricky to sell for a price we're happy with yes.

What do you think the lowest we'd accept is? £20m? £25m?

Don't see a club paying it.

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I realise the summer is not January but they had our backup left back playing for them over the past few months in their best run of results in 25 years…

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

😂😂😂.We will have to disagree on that one. At best they are on a similar level. 

I think a fight between the two would be PPV worthy as well. I'd pay right now to see a trilogy.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â