James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

How good is he on the ball? I’d rather keep konsa and chambers and get an upgrade on both. 

Tarkowski is miles better defensively than Konsa and Chambers. By all accounts, he is no worse on the ball either so would be an instant upgrade for us. 

Alongside Mings, we’d have a couple of real leaders back there. I can see why we’re interested. 

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Tarkowski is miles better defensively than Konsa and Chambers. By all accounts, he is no worse on the ball either so would be an instant upgrade for us. 

Alongside Mings, we’d have a couple of real leaders back there. I can see why we’re interested. 

i wonder if we are genuinely interested, or whether its paper talk?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we sign him on a free konsa or chambers will have to go, but I still don’t think he’s enough to take us top 7/8. I think a huge issue we have is Mings is our main outlet, and we can’t have another season of him lumping balls up to Ollie. If we don’t get a ball playing CB in I think we continue to struggle keeping possession 

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If we sign him on a free konsa or chambers will have to go, but I still don’t think he’s enough to take us top 7/8. I think a huge issue we have is Mings is our main outlet, and we can’t have another season of him lumping balls up to Ollie. If we don’t get a ball playing CB in I think we continue to struggle keeping possession 

I'd be getting rid of Hause before Konsa or Chambers.

• Like 2

We need 4 CBs why would we sell Chambers or Konsa? Chambers can play CDM, CB or RB. Konsa will get plenty of game time still. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We need 4 CBs why would we sell Chambers or Konsa? Chambers can play CDM, CB or RB. Konsa will get plenty of game time still. 

True, I was basing that on my thinking we still need another CB even if we signed Tarkowski, wasn’t very clear 

I suppose it depends on how happy they are on the bench 

With Konsa injured he won't be going anywhere until January at the earliest. Chambers has already been in and out of the starting line-up, so has shown he is up for fighting for his place and has done well when called upon.  

I would be happy enough with Mings, New CB, Konsa and Chambers as our 4 defenders. Would like us to make a statement signing for the other CB.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

With Konsa injured he won't be going anywhere until January at the earliest. Chambers has already been in and out of the starting line-up, so has shown he is up for fighting for his place and has done well when called upon.  

I would be happy enough with Mings, New CB, Konsa and Chambers as our 4 defenders. Would like us to make a statement signing for the other CB.

I’m the same, I just don’t want tarkowski signed. 

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’m the same, I just don’t want tarkowski signed. 

If we do sign Tarkowski, that’ll be us done with CB I reckon. But I’d prefer we go for a younger player with a higher ceiling, like Lacroix or Botman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Too many groin injuries.

You have to question what he’s been doing to his nether regions here.

For that reason, I’m out.

maybe he just loves his wife a lot.

why would you not want to sign a player for loving his wife? (a very lot).

Just now, MaVilla said:

maybe he just loves his wife a lot.

why would you not want to sign a player for loving his wife? (a very lot).

What was he doing with his nose and toe d freaky git.?????

• Haha 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

What was he doing with his nose and toe d freaky git.?????

you know what they say mate.

try anything once....twice if you like it.....

• Haha 1

Sky's saying we're in talks, wow. 

This would be an astute signing on a free. You would think Villa play free flowing attacking football passing out the back the way people are going on in this thread. He doesn't need to be Beckenbauer, that's why we signed Kamara you would think. What he is is a very good defender, and honestly it might even free up Mings to be more expansive if he has the "brute that just lumps it long" role covered.

• Like 2

I might be an fart out of touch with the modern game, but I like my defenders to be able to defend before considering their passing ability. 

This boy can defend. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â