The Re-hashed, Back door European Super League Scandal

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

German and English clubs wont touch it, it's just Madrid and Barca trying to pull back the power they had 10-15 years ago.

Boehly will be masturbating all over it.   

I have a feeling that Newcastle will be in it, as Saudi are probably the money backers behind it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

My interest in this is about the same for Jake Paul boxing against fellow amateur Boxers. Zero.

This crap can foad 

Fair enough but load of other people watch that shite.

Football will become sports entertainment, funded by the Saudis and other dodgy people.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It's laughable.

Why is that a problem sorry?

Ah yes. Because you don't have interest in fairness or anything like that. You want YOUR club at the top every year.

These people have a definition of fair that is incompatible with professional sport.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

As far as I can see it's just a larger version of the champions league, designed that the clubs who initially take part will stay there as there will be 30 other clubs below them who will be the ones to be continually relegated out of the competition. That it will take place WITH the premier league or other national league, feels like a whole world of problems. How will the two competitions harmonise FFP? And really just what is the benefit of replacing the Champions League? I think they'll find the same set of problems ahead, that nobody really wants it.

34 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

German and English clubs wont touch it, it's just Madrid and Barca trying to pull back the power they had 10-15 years ago.

I dont agree with that, the 6 clubs from last time would be happy to join if they could. Newcastle would probably join them and we would also be looking for an invite and maybe West Ham too

• Like 1

What's been proposed SEEMS a lot better but the devil will be in the detail. 

Is there some mechanism that stops those in the "star" league getting relegated if they don't perform. 

Is the income levels and subsequent relegation parachute payments so unfeasibly large that anyone outside that league can't compete. 

And yes, the "free to view" element will obviously disappear as soon as they've got their way and the league in place.  Assume. The Middle Eastern investors will will fund the first year or 2 under that sham then the paid TV subscriptions with eye watering costs will kick in. 

I assume the likes of Chelsea and Tottingham fans will be more up for this now as they see the top 4 Premier League spots disappearing in the distance. 

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

As far as I can see it's just a larger version of the champions league, designed that the clubs who initially take part will stay there as there will be 30 other clubs below them who will be the ones to be continually relegated out of the competition. That it will take place WITH the premier league or other national league, feels like a whole world of problems. How will the two competitions harmonise FFP? And really just what is the benefit of replacing the Champions League? I think they'll find the same set of problems ahead, that nobody really wants it.

I totally expect the teams in it to wheedle out of playing in the domestic cups.  Or force through being allowed to play their under 21s. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What's been proposed SEEMS a lot better but the devil will be in the detail. 

Is there some mechanism that stops those in the "star" league getting relegated if they don't perform. 

Is the income levels and subsequent relegation parachute payments so unfeasibly large that anyone outside that league can't compete. 

And yes, the "free to view" element will obviously disappear as soon as they've got their way and the league in place.  Assume. The Middle Eastern investors will will fund the first year or 2 under that sham then the paid TV subscriptions with eye watering costs will kick in. 

I assume the likes of Chelsea and Tottingham fans will be more up for this now as they see the top 4 Premier League spots disappearing in the distance. 

And this is the key. This whole thing has come about because of a series of entitled super clubs have forgotten how to lose with grace, and think they should be immune from failure. 

There is no way whatsoever that, regardless of what A22 say, they will allow a free exchange of clubs between the super league and the footballing pyramids of the respective countries.

They would use the veil of 'minimum ground capacity' or 'minimum turnover' as a barrier to real sporting competition.

If there was a rival to UEFA competition set up it sure as hell wouldn't be linked to the old one. Which is now just Barca and Madrid. Also it wouldn't get off the ground without the PL clubs who can't get involved as they need approval from the new Football Regulator.  PL is the super league, the UK Government aren't going to allow it to lose its dominance. It's in the National interest to protect it.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If there was a rival to UEFA competition set up it sure as hell wouldn't be linked to the old one. Which is now just Barca and Madrid. Also it wouldn't get off the ground without the PL clubs who can't get involved as they need approval from the new Football Regulator.  PL is the super league, the UK Government aren't going to allow it to lose its dominance. It's in the National interest to protect it.

It's the eternal struggle isn't it. It's in the nature of business (and football is a business) to want to monopolise and dominate competition. It's in the nature of regulation to stop that. 

Businesses hate regulation, but when there is no regulation, business eats itself.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â