Memorable Film Scenes & Acting Performances

maqroll

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The best part of that is the writers **** up the Boogeyman name 😀

It should have been Babayka (Boogeyman) not Baba Yaga (female witch)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2023 at 14:32, sidcow said:

Pfft. 

Where is I am your father Luke? 

Never said in the movie so probably won’t make it into this thread 

For me, maybe the finest acting performance I've witnessed. "You don't understand, there's nothing there", and my God, didn't he portray that. Michelle Williams is also top - notch in this.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Have only recently learned of the film industry term “bumping the lamp”.

It’s from Who Framed Roger Rabbit and relates to the scene below. Basically it means going above and beyond in taking the time to add detail when it may not (at first glance) be appreciated by the audience.

There is no need for the lamp to be swinging about in the scene. They could have easily have not given themselves that problem and the scene works fine. But as it is, the additional detail of the changing shadow both on and from Roger as he moves about the room gives it an extra depth. It makes it look more like Roger is in the room with Bob Hoskins. I think the idea is you’ve subconsciously noticed the extra detail and as such the scene is better for it without realising quite why.

Plus it has a really good punchline.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2023 at 17:18, sheepyvillian said:

For me, maybe the finest acting performance I've witnessed. "You don't understand, there's nothing there", and my God, didn't he portray that. Michelle Williams is also top - notch in this.

I've never seen this, but that clip definitely makes me want to. That's some amazing acting.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â