• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

I think the thing of musical acts writing their own songs is overrated, doesn't really matter as long as you enjoy listening to the final piece . Being manufactured doesn't bother me either, most bands are a little superficial, image wise anyway, I suppose they have no choice if they want any kind of commercial success.

As long as I like the music that's all I care about.

Saw Strummer play with the Mescaleros in New Zealand in 99. Played the Big Day Out festival... I was somewhat worse for wear and not really sure who was playing, but when the Chilli Peppers came on to headline the main stage, I knew it was time to move on. Stumbled upon a little stage out the back with about 100 people watching a band just coming on, so I decided to check them out. Singer looks familiar.. holy shite, it's Joe Strummer. They played one of the best shows I've seen, including a bunch of great Clash tunes, and the fact that I wasn't expecting it made it all the more sweeter. 

• Like 2

So yeah, he could have been posh and they were kind of manufactured (not as bad as the pistols)

A manufactured band is one that is made by some tosser like Cowell by holding auditions and picking out the people with the best image etc. They also don't write their own material and do exactly as they're told by the person who employs them

Neither the Pistols or the Clash would ever fit into this description

Strummer did go to a boarding school,so what? Means nothing

how did john lydon get the job again? because of a t-shirt...

what i meant by the clash being kind of manufactured was in that joe was in a different band and the other members / management went out and got him, it wasnt a natural coming together or circle of friends that saw him join the band, it was a better singer in one band and better musicians in the other and they got put together

how did john lydon get the job again? because of a t-shirt…

Not quite the truth. The defaced Floyd T-shirt did make him stand out but he still met the band in a pub and auditioned (of sorts) to the jukebox in Sex before he was allowed to join

what i meant by the clash being kind of manufactured was in that joe was in a different band and the other members / management went out and got him, it wasnt a natural coming together or circle of friends that saw him join the band, it was a better singer in one band and better musicians in the other and they got put together

erm you do realise the majority of bands probably form from word of mouth, someone knowing someone else, small ads etc

Thats got nowt to do with being a "manufactured" band. Manufactured bands are those that have zero creative input

• Like 2

how did john lydon get the job again? because of a t-shirt…

Not quite the truth. The defaced Floyd T-shirt did make him stand out but he still met the band in a pub and auditioned (of sorts) to the jukebox in Sex before he was allowed to join

erm you do realise the majority of bands probably form from word of mouth, someone knowing someone else, small ads etc

Thats got nowt to do with being a "manufactured" band. Manufactured bands are those that have zero creative input

I see we've gone full circle and back to Queen again :D

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â