Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Newcastle in talks with Antony Gordon. 2 things about that. Firstly we should be all over that and secondly thats the equivalent of us selling Jacob Ramsey. Everton must be completly ****  

It's actually probably even worse than us selling Ramsey because I think Gordon is more important in relative terms to their team and squad. If they go into next season without Richarlison, DCL & Gordon they're going to have to replace essentially all of their attacking threat. Demarai Gray and Andros '1 game in 5' Townsend aren't going to cut it.

Young English winger for £35m, history isn't on their side... 

As much as anything for me he looked like the one player at Everton who actually gave a shit and gave his all while they were in the doldrums, bad sale for Everton 

• Like 2

So Sterling to Chelsea looks almost done - I don’t think it’ll work out for him there for some reason. 

it’ll be an interesting move though and see him taking the place of Werner (we should put a loan to buy offer in on him!) 

Depends how they play him 

Sterling is an excellent player, brilliant movement and anticipation 

Unfortunately for him he wants to drop deep and get involved 40 yards from goal, ball to feet and then try and run at teams like grealish or Bernard Silva... And he's not very good at it because his decision making is terrible 

Given Chelseas struggles over the last 2 years finding a way to play to Werner or Lukakus strengths I'm struggling to see sterling being any different 

Probably means the end of ziyech there too, he's been a huge disapointment 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Probably means the end of ziyech there too, he's been a huge disapointment 

Never got the Ziyech hype.

I wasn't especially convinced of his Robben impression when he was playing second fiddle to Dusan Tadic

• Like 1

Flynn Downes signed for West ham from Swansea for 10m

Haller to Dortmund from ajax 30m

Ederson to atalanta from salernitana for 21m with then lovato then going the other way for 7m

Dagba has gone on loan to strasbourg from psg so I'm not sure if psg will end the summer with a single home grown player in the squad 

Axel Witsel to atletico Madrid on a free

Bellanova to Inter on loan from cagliari

David Carmo to Porto from braga for 20m

Sawyers to Cardiff from West brom 

Bellanova and Lovato are both highly rated Italian youth players, Bellanova in particular now might break through 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Looking like Ake back to Chelsea for £45m

Games gone mad

Teams like Villa have no chance when Man City can sell players like Ake for a profit and even untried youngsters like Lavia for huge sums, when we struggle to shift players for £5m! 

Just feels rigged. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Teams like Villa have no chance when Man City can sell players like Ake for a profit and even untried youngsters like Lavia for huge sums, when we struggle to shift players for £5m! 

Just feels rigged. 

The elite clubs will continue to horde and sell to each other as a vast sum of clubs will struggle - more so with the ongoing pandemic.

It's another way to keep the gap so big.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Looking like Ake back to Chelsea for £45m

Games gone mad

Guess he's Christensen's replacement. Not good enough if they deem him as regular starter to replace Rudiger.

Surprised Newcastle didn't want him given he did well for Howe at Bournemouth.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Guess he's Christensen's replacement. Not good enough if they deem him as regular starter to replace Rudiger.

Surprised Newcastle didn't want him given he did well for Howe at Bournemouth.

Its more Chelsea again buying a player that they sold for silly money, add to that you look at them selling guehi and Tomori last summer for half of what they'll now pay for ake 

Chelsea will still need someone better as first choice too

Its a 5th choice CB moving from one club to be 4th choice at another club for £45m, a number that would be something like 14 PL clubs record transfer 

Its just stupidity all round 

• Like 1

Angel di Maria joined juve on a free

Gollini gone on loan to fiorentina 

Vagnoman gone to stuttgart from hamburg for 3.7m

Lenglet yo spurs on loan from barca

Luka Jovic to fiorentina on a free transfer 

CB marcao to Sevilla from galatasaray 12m

Joe Allen to swansea

Was Jovic only on a three year deal at Madrid or did they release him early? Wonder if we looked at him if he's on a free given his prolific record in Bundesliga not so long ago.

Guess he has a feeling of one season wonder now but still only mid 20s.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was Jovic only on a three year deal at Madrid or did they release him early? Wonder if we looked at him if he's on a free given his prolific record in Bundesliga not so long ago.

Guess he has a feeling of one season wonder now but still only mid 20s.

They gave him a 6 year contract at the time, says something they would rather release him than loan him out

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What pisses me off is I Google the news on it and the first report I see is someone claiming it to be moneyball at its finest... 

People still don't understand what the **** "moneyball" is 

Given the film came out more than a decade ago now, if people keep getting the reference wrong at this point they're not going to be getting any better at understanding it in the future.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â