Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Chilwell will go nowhere, players are more than happy now to be at these clubs now. They won't play every game, but there are several competitions, games in Europe and they're picking up decent wage. Teams like Chelsea and Man City can stockpile players and have second choices who could get into at least half of the other teams in the league.

See Kelvin Phillips/Rodri and Zinchenko till Man City needed to sell him. 

In English players cases they have no chance of losing a place in the international setup being on a top 6 bench

29 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Really sucks for Sampdoria that he got that more or less season ending Injury after having such a great Euro's. 

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In English players cases they have no chance of losing a place in the international setup being on a top 6 bench

But equally very little chance of starting. Lot of players more interested in the medals and just being there than the cut and thrust of competitive sport. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't know anything about Damsgaard beyond that Euros, but he did look exceptionally good in that. He recreates anything like that form and they'll have replaced much of their Eriksen-shaped hole.

He has been injured since then and when returned to fitness he couldnt get in the Sampdoria team

Think he might take a year to try settle in and get back to speed

I’m guessing there will be a lot of transfer activity yet to go before the window closes but if we assess each team thus far ‘on paper’:

Arsenal - strengthened, I think Jesus will do very well there and has a massive point to prove.

Us - strengthened, not lost anyone we’re not fully prepared to lose.

Bournemouth - no signings? Not sure the team that got promoted is strong enough to withstand relegation.

Brentford - stood still? Lost Erikssen which will be a big gap to fill, remains to be seen if the signings will compensate for that

Brighton - lost /losing some key players, much will depend on their replacements as to whether they go backwards or not.

Chelsea - strengthened, added quality for first XI and squad depth

Crystal Palace - continuing to buy some intriguing players, maybe have slightly improved team/squad so may be slightly stronger this year? 

Everton - weakened, lost their best player and nothing much to get excited about with incomings.

Fulham - strengthened but is it enough for the step up, are they relying on Mitrovic to do what he hasn’t done on 2-3 other opportunities and succeed at this level?

Leeds - hard to read, lost their best player so will be hoping (not unlike us last summer) that the new players hit the ground running.

Leicester - stagnated, no incomings and one or two on their way out, if they’re relying on an ageing Vardy that could be trouble for them.

Liverpool - strengthened, despite losing Mane (thankfully, as he loved scoring against us), Carvalho looks a great prospect.

Man City - strengthened, though will be dependent on Haaland fitting in and not disrupting the flow of their game, intriguing to see how Alvarez gets on.

Man United - probably improved their first XI by getting rid of their dead wood and bringing in one or two younger players, squad depth looks poor though and if the new players don’t gel quickly I’m not sure they’ll improve much this season.

Newcastle - strengthened, Pope and Botman seem solid signings unfortunately.

Notts Forest - strengthened but remains to be seen if they’ve ‘done a Fulham’ or ‘done a villa’, lots of new players will need to come together quickly to avoid relegation.

Southampton - stagnated? Not much to get excited about in terms of incomings and no Broja this season, not sure where their goals are going to come from.

Tottenham - improved, some interesting signings you’d think will make them a stronger proposition this season.

West Ham - improved? Don’t know much about Scamacca but if he does well then you’d think they will improve on last seasons showing.

Wolves - not seen much activity on incomings, stagnated perhaps? Difficult to see where the goals are coming from if Jiminez doesn’t rediscover form.

• Like 1

who needs alphabetical order...

id say the main thing arsenal did is potentially they got rid of the last of their lazy bastard wage stealers in lacazette (they've still got pepe but i think he's just more a case of being shit) i dont think Jesus is a 20+ goal out and out striker but he's still a huge upgrade 

chelsea im not sure, they havent got enough depth to play 3 at the back, they need another CB before the window closes, i can also see them having a mental wobble this year

newcastle have improved but im not sure the momentum will carry over, the feel good factor is still through the roof, st james will be buzzing every week

liverpool agree on mane, they'd already replaced him, expect elliot to get a lot of games too, nunez will get time and be fine, it'll be them and city again

palace are a striker away from being a top 10 team

wolves have depth problems IMO they need a couple more in

west ham had a rice rumour free summer and thats good enough

leeds have done what they should have been doing for the last 2 years, they've always needed these players, not convinced they've strengthened their piss poor defence enough

everton have had a stinker at the exact time they couldnt afford one, they're in trouble

spurs have probably had the best summer but i just think the top 2 are too good, should cruise 3rd so should focus on a cup

utd is all in their head, if they stop the norwich scarf shite, stop feeling sorry for themselves and just play football they'll be 5-10 points better off, getting rid of pogba was the best thing they did all summer, if they play at 70% like they've done for the last 3 or 4 years then signings and changing managers means nothing

• Like 1

In many respects, it feels like a big season for last seasons' recruits.  Particularly thinking of Sancho, Grealish, Konate and Varane but also those "lesser" signings - Buendia and Bailey for us, Vlasic, Daka etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fabregas to Como finally done.....might be hard to find a more random deal this summer

On the face of it yeah.

But if I was a won everything seen everything infinite money footballer I'd be spending the last few years of my career looking at clubs like a travel brochure. You can't do much better than Como

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

On the face of it yeah.

But if I was a won everything seen everything infinite money footballer I'd be spending the last few years of my career looking at clubs like a travel brochure. You can't do much better than Como

This is effectively a keep fit exercise for him whilst living in one of the most beautiful places on earth..... Fair play. 

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

On the face of it yeah.

True I thought he just wanted to work for Director of Football and Leeds legend Dennis Wise 😉

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

True I thought he just wanted to work for Director of Football and Leeds legend Dennis Wise 😉

Had to Google that had no idea.

You're probably not wrong though we're massive. Bet he doesn't even know who Doug Ellis is

53 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Had to Google that had no idea.

You're probably not wrong though we're massive. Bet he doesn't even know who Doug Ellis is

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think Jesus is a 20+ goal out and out striker but he's still a huge upgrade 

An Arsenal supporting friend was telling me he has 8 goals in 4 pre-season games.

Not the best metric but bodes well for them. I think he’ll do well there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â