Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Saying he'll rot on the bench is an oversimplification of how pep is trying to suffocate the life out of the PL 

It’s no different to how Utd operated in 90s/early 2000s. Or Chelsea (let’s not forget they took Leicesters best players after they won the league) 

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Or us in the Championship :crylaugh:

:lol: We failed spectacularly at that didn’t we? We tried to be the Championship Bayern but came out more the Championship Bernardo’s.

”Need cash for unwanted old shite? Come to us!”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Not a DP spot, doesn't that mean he won't be on $500k a week? He'll come under the cap do be on more like $5k a week

Not sure how that all works with big superstar foreign players - LA galaxy did the same with Ashley Cole - if they then rent them a $1m a month apartment and 3 cars as well as various other things included

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The likes of LadBible convinced everyone they were shitter than they actually were having a good laugh at them

They dropped off but they were never a bad team, a team full of bad eggs was more the problem and they look like they've mostly gone now 

20/21 was our chance. They were poor that season up to Feb and we did the double comfortably. 

They've picked up in part due to some of their younger players stepping up. However their squad is still thin as the inconsistant results after Tierney and Partey both got season ending injuries indicate. Saka also has two years left on his deal and Man. City been regularly linked...

Don't forget they had no european football last season and went out of FA cup 3rd round so add in 10-15 more games this season and they will drop more points in the league from Thursday-Sunday dynamic so you never know. Not convinced by Jesus as their CF choice either. He's better out wide but they already have endless options in those positions.

Liverpool doubling their money on Minamino after having featured in a total of 53 games for them selling him to Monaco for €15m-€18m depending on bonuses.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Liverpool doubling their money on Minamino after having featured in a total of 53 games for them selling him to Monaco for €15m-€18m depending on bonuses.

Still seems like a bargain. He looked like a useful player whenever i’ve seen him. 

Bale doesn't want to play football anymore. He wants to get paid, live somewhere with nice weather and golf courses. He can wind down in America where the standard is lesser and the return on his effort is greater.

It's been pretty clear for a good while that Bale doesn't want to put in the work anymore. Can't exactly blame him either, he's made for life and barely as to play for Los Angeles to all. There's no way Wales wouldn't select him for the World Cup squad and he'll just retire afterward. I remember one of the commentators saying that a move to Cardiff would have been way to tough for Bale due to how challenging that league is, so this move makes perfect sense. 

Plus there are some great golf courses in LA.

23 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

It's been pretty clear for a good while that Bale doesn't want to put in the work anymore. Can't exactly blame him either, he's made for life and barely as to play for Los Angeles to all. There's no way Wales wouldn't select him for the World Cup squad and he'll just retire afterward. I remember one of the commentators saying that a move to Cardiff would have been way to tough for Bale due to how challenging that league is, so this move makes perfect sense. 

Plus there are some great golf courses in LA.

He pretty much retired at 27 when he got that ludicrous contract extension at Madrid.

I can’t say I blame him, or would have done anything differently.

I remember searching for highlights of Kellyman, and noticing that Ebiowei looked a really good player, obviously only highlights but he stoodout, and since broke into Derby's first team, and has been linked with Man Utd. A little surprising that he isn't with England U19s currently.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

I remember searching for highlights of Kellyman, and noticing that Ebiowei looked a really good player, obviously only highlights but he stoodout, and since broke into Derby's first team, and has been linked with Man Utd. A little surprising that he isn't with England U19s currently.

I took a quick look at his wiki and saw he was at Chelsea at 5 years old so I'm guessing he's a London boy 

Palace seriously have that market locked down at the moment, fair play to them, this kid, Mitchell, eze, guehi and olise, they took ferguson from the baggies too, good young team that they can build on 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I took a quick look at his wiki and saw he was at Chelsea at 5 years old so I'm guessing he's a London boy 

Palace seriously have that market locked down at the moment, fair play to them, this kid, Mitchell, eze, guehi and olise, they took ferguson from the baggies too, good young team that they can build on 

It's a sensible strategy, that uses their advantages (a - being located in London, b - being able to credibly offer young players a route to the first team) to create a team that's probably better than they would get if they were trying to buy premium.

For those clubs outside the top 6, being the most elite feeder/development club is about the best hope we've got. Us included, the aim should be to develop the best young talent from the Midlands and beyond, and make one or two big sales each summer.

• Like 1

Yeah Chelseas youth team cast offs alone in the last 10 years would make up a mid table PL team, its a decent model to have

They could be a bit of a surprise package in the next couple of years if they replace Zaha, Benteke and ayew  up top and then mcarthur and kouyate in the middle 

• Like 1

Looks like West Ham about to sign Areola for £10m, underrated player imo and a great pick up at that price.

Haven’t followed his career particularly closely but he never looked out of place when seeing him play for PSG, in fact always thought he was very good. Watched very little of West Ham or Fulham last couple seasons but looked very solid whenever i did.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â