Midweek Football 4/7 April

andykeenan

Burnley have always been direct under Dyche but from what I've seen they're a lot more so this season and I think that's what's costing them, aimless ball after aimless ball, there seems to be less of a plan to their play now. We really should be looking to take six points off them.

Burnley's CM options are dire, Westwood looking as bad as he did for us in 15-16.

Cornet lively but dosen't half take too many touches on the ball. Feels like they could still expose Everton a bit if they went 4-3-3 and put an extra body in CM as while Lennon's been lively Everton have played through them comfortably.

Both pens soft but you get that in the VAR era.

More goals in this one.

10 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Didn’t see the first one, but the second is definitely a pen. 

Second is definitely a pen.

First one, Gordon and Westwood sort of tussle (really not much at all), Westwood grabs his shirt... not really pulling at all, just a little grab.  Gordon swan dives.  It's not a pen to me.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

2 fantastic headed finishes by Benzema in a few minutes.

Hes is unreal this season, ball anywhere near the box and he’s putting it away.

Most underrated striker in World football IMO.

• Like 1

Forest absolutely flying at the moment as well.  I live just down from the ground and walking back from work today, there was a real buzz in the air.  It's a great atmosphere round here these days on matchdays and you can hear the stadium loud during the game.

I also passed a bunch of really, really, really stinky fans.  Booze and B.O. sort of smell.  Only clocked one of their jackets; "CCFC".  That explained the smell :D 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Forest absolutely flying at the moment as well.  I live just down from the ground and walking back from work today, there was a real buzz in the air.  It's a great atmosphere round here these days on matchdays and you can hear the stadium loud during the game.

I also passed a bunch of really, really, really stinky fans.  Booze and B.O. sort of smell.  Only clocked one of their jackets; "CCFC".  That explained the smell :D 

Would love to see them overtake Bournemouth. If results stands 8 points difference. Probably too much to make up but going to take incredible momentum into play offs like we did in 2019.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm amazed Westwood has managed to have a career in the premier league, he's done well to overcome his complete lack of ability and physical presence

Landed on his feet playing for a well organised (up until now) side that completely bypassed a midfield for 5 years.

Even Hendrick got a move because of it.

He's absolutely useless and defines everything I hate about football around the Barca Spain hangover era.

Shite players making a career out of being neat and tidy.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â