The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

44 minutes ago, blandy said:

Have you not seen the churn in their vote? It's spread across the whole nation. Tory melts!

How dairy you!

• Like 1

I can't talk about 5 guys without an unintentional or intentional Kenneth, but I really do like them a lot. I used to work in Solihull and I first had one there, it was a **** revelation. Burger Sir? That will be £50, Fries? Of course, here, have 4 bin bags full. I really do love them, but I am a sucker for a burger.

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

hannibal-lecter.gif

Haha, it’s true though. Everything else is dry rubbish. 

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Nando’s the same. It’s an over-priced KFC. Why do people go there more than once?

9 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I must admit I don't 'get' Nandos, but they have an almost religious following, so I'm willing to admit that maybe I'm in the wrong there.

Edit: but I'm not wrong about religion.

9 hours ago, av1 said:

The only nice thing at Nando’s is the liver. 

9 hours ago, bickster said:

I always put it down to huge swathes of the population not knowing what good food actually is, because they eat shite at home too.

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I went to Nandos once as part of a work meal and I couldnt believe that was it, is this it? I didnt see the attraction, an overpriced harvester with canteen style ordering. Never been back, dont intend to. 

Whaaaaat???

Nandos is the best food ever… probably been going there at least once a month (sometimes once a fortnight) for 20 years now, since the first one opened in Bham.

The chicken is sooo juicy, the sauces so tasty, the chips perfectly fried. Even the peas, the salad, the rice, the pittas, etc… all perfect. 

Of course don’t compare it to proper restaurant food - it sits in that perfect niche where it’s much much better than KFC, and yet much cheaper than proper restaurants. 

Edit - I’m so offended at lots of Villatalkers not liking Nando’s that I’m going to boycott VT!  (for at least an hour 😜)

Edited by ender4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Edit - I’m so offended at lots of Villatalkers not liking Nando’s that I’m going to boycott VT!  (for at least an hour 😜)

see-ya.gif

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Whaaaaat???

Nandos is the best food ever… probably been going there at least once a month (sometimes once a fortnight) for 20 years now, since the first one opened in Bham.

The chicken is sooo juicy, the sauces so tasty, the chips perfectly fried. Even the peas, the salad, the rice, the pittas, etc… all perfect. 

Of course don’t compare it to proper restaurant food - it sits in that perfect niche where it’s much much better than KFC, and yet much cheaper than proper restaurants. 

I dont see how nandos and kfc are the same?

The chickens cooked completely different and one uses various different sauce flavours and the othee is spices and deep fried

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont see how nandos and kfc are the same?

The chickens cooked completely different and one uses various different sauce flavours and the othee is spices and deep fried

Yes, that’s what I’m saying. They are not the same level.  

KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, etc are all the lowest level…. 

Then Nandos and GBK in that weird niche…

Then proper restaurants.  

You can’t cross compare between tiers, Nando’s sits perfectly between the other two tiers of food establishments. 

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You can’t cross compare between tiers, Nando’s sits perfectly between the other two tiers of food establishments. 

So its the Harvester / Toby Carvery of the shit things to do with chicken world.

I wouldn't eat in them either

I'd much rather eat in Mowgli for a couple of quid a head more

I've not had a Five Guys burger in bloody years,  but I never saw the point. I don't begrudge spending that kind of money on a burger and chips if it's a bloody good burger and chips in a nice place, but it's a marginally better than normal fast food burger, at 2-3 times the price, in a ghastly American diner Does nothing for me.

It's got the McDonalds factor of no matter where you are, if there's a Five Guys,. you know what you're getting, but I'm sure any town with a Five Guys has half a dozen independent places doing much better burgers at the same price, with a much better ambience.

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think 5 Guys is the biggest rip off going.

The fries are pretty good and the burger is a bit better than standard but not for the price, nowhere near worth the price.

Personally would much sooner pay £12 or whatever for a Five Guys burger which tastes really good than £2 for a McDonald's burger which is utterly shit.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

So its the Harvester / Toby Carvery of the shit things to do with chicken world.

I wouldn't eat in them either

I'd much rather eat in Mowgli for a couple of quid a head more

Hold on a second!!! What's wrong with a Toby Carvery?

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Never been, never intend to. Took one look at the menu when it first appeared and.... chicken in a sauce is something we can and regularly do cook at home

Same with burgers, never eat them out, just do them at home, they way we like them

If I go out for food, I want it to be something I can't do at home, same reason I rarely go to Italian restaurants

Just Michelin Star places for ol' bicks :D 

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Hold on a second!!! What's wrong with a Toby Carvery?

Here's a list of what’s right with a Toby Carvery;

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just Michelin Star places for ol' bicks :D 

Never knowingly been to one. High prices for small amounts of pretentious food isn’t my thing either :D 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Never knowingly been to one. High prices for small amounts of pretentious food isn’t my thing either :D 

**** restaurants, just burn them all down!

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

Here's a list of what’s right with a Toby Carvery;

You must be a big fan of a Stonehouse Carvery then 😂

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Cant say I've ever had the displeasure

Head on nail. The wannabe Toby that falls so far short you can barely see it if you're lucky. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â