The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s harder for the big chains to lower prices once they’ve raised them which is another part of the problem. 

I’m not sure it is. Franchise ones, yes the franchisees are dictated to by the company, who basically don’t care if individual restaurants go bust, but other than that the degree of difficulty seems the same.

A big issue for retailers and restaurants is the cost of rent.  I have to insure rent for clients who own commercial properties and the cost of rent for retail is SO much higher than it is for offices, despite the fact an office probably earns more profit per sq ft.

I don't think building owners have yet woken up to or can financially respond to the new realities of the retail landscape.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

On one hand it's a shame another restaurant is closing, but on the other, that place was awful and I haven't been in there for years.

Plenty of interesting new places opening up that are much more worthy of my attention anyway.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â