The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

How feckin much? Chips and curry sauce and I'd have to say that portion looks rather small too.... £4.60. I get twice that amount for £3

Yep. Perfect, but overpriced.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do they still do those pint jugs out of the freezer in the Canaries? I haven’t been for years but they were amazing on a hot day.

Yep 👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, Genie said:

They do have some nice ones out there, I quite liked a pint of Tropical. 

Yes, had a pint or two of that with my Tapas last night very nice

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Keeping this on topic, what’s the going rate for a cold pint in a pub?

6.20 in the pub nearest to me, complete rip off 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

The thing I have noticed over here, my father-in-law is a smoker, a pack of fags is about €5 

Shows you the amount of tax  on these in the UK

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Glenn has had a big hit to his wages since he left Villa so he has to make it up somehow…

I dunno why it's called Whelan's as the bloke who owns it is called McCready. Yorkshire Irish bloke. He opened another one up the road opposite the main gate of a big airfield/factory, but sold it on, and then opened another one in Derbyshire. I guess it's a tricky time for chippies as the cost of everything like energy and fishes and stuff has gone up and people are less willing to pay more for their tea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Large fish chips and gravy used to be £7.95 a couple of years ago. It's now £11.95.

The other prices seem okish but the price of those chips is ludicrous. How on earth is a chip barm more expensive than a regular portion of chips, its a bread roll with a few chips in it! Not a chance theres even half a portion in a barm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I miss northern chippies. Can't get a puddin' down this way.

Mind you they don't charge you 1.50 for a drizzle of curry sauce either

Been up north for donkey’s years now, but babbies ‘Ed’s  - still can’t be doing with ’em. Grotesque creations.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â