The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Pound bakery - Bacon roll and a coffee £2.50

It's shit but no worse than Greggs

I'm not having that. In the High Street Breakfast World Cup, Greggs would smash Pound Bakery IMO

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Don't forget the one thing worse than a tired sequel - a completely unnecessary reboot

image.png.66fe3d72386580d5fda84312714e741a.png

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Don't forget the one thing worse than a tired sequel - a completely unnecessary reboot

Don't forget the unnecessary prequel, where you know none of the main characters are in any danger as they're all in later films.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like fuel duty is going to be one of the areas hit by The Government to help breach that black hole in the finances with another 5p duty which i think takes it back to where it was a while ago.

Go get your electric cars fellas.

On 15/08/2024 at 14:33, Davkaus said:

Surely people have been crying out desperately for a new Beetlejuice movie?

On 15/08/2024 at 13:05, Designer1 said:

I pay £15 a month.

I go a couple of times a week but even twice a month makes the subscription a no brainer.

Yeah I used to do this (before having a kid) and it was unreal value

On 15/08/2024 at 14:33, Davkaus said:

Good news, the new Alien film isn't a sequel or a prequel.

It's an interquel

(I learned a new word and wanted to share it)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

Had a couple of pints yesterday, £3.20 and £3.40. City centre pubs (up north). Seems like a good thing.

Everyone moans about beer prices in the bars in Liverpool, baffles me why they go there. I can still get pints with the added bonus of decent conversation in some city centre pubs and pay similar prices to those.

There is however a worrying trend of one particular pub owning whopper who is buying up all the pubs in town at the minute and his prices are scandalous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Had a couple of pints yesterday, £3.20 and £3.40. City centre pubs (up north). Seems like a good thing.

Independent ones or otherwise?  What drink as well?

Yeah I had a pint of generic cold lager on the weekend and the price of that began with a 3 so I didn’t really hear the rest, my brain was just going ha! 3!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Independent ones or otherwise?  What drink as well?

I think independent - Sinclair's Oyster bar, Manchester City centre - Sam Smiths and the Old Vic in Preston, Flat Cap bitter. Both real ales.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Oh and fuel appears to have dropped 5p per litre, just about the time the government started talking about restoring the tax on fuel etc

Libya has just restarted oil production, which has sent the market price of crude tumbling.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

News from the pumps.

My local cheapo petrol station has just reduced prices to £1.29.9 for diesel and £1.27.9 for petrol

Price swings along the main road are now back to the freaking ridiculous

Tamworth seems to lag behind the price drop curve (whereas is always used to be one of the cheapest). The prices did recently drop from 147p to 140p for diesel. Hopefully it’s down in the 130’s when I fill up next. 

On 04/09/2024 at 12:48, chrisp65 said:

Yeah I had a pint of generic cold lager on the weekend and the price of that began with a 3 so I didn’t really hear the rest, my brain was just going ha! 3!

I paid £3 for a nice pint of locally produced real ale in Shirley recently. Unfortunately it was in a Spoons. I'd rather have paid £4 somewhere else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I paid £3 for a nice pint of locally produced real ale in Shirley recently. Unfortunately it was in a Spoons. I'd rather have paid £4 somewhere else. 

Had this in Worcester on Tuesday.

No idea how much it was, worth every penny though.

spacer.png

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â