The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Can you ask for your toast to be burnt?

I like my toast like I like my women - white and dripping in butter. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I like my toast like I like my women - white and dripping in butter. 

I like toast like I like my women, folded over and covered in a sticky glaze

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I know the 'just make that 7 course meal yourself' line is becoming a bit of a meme. But buying takeaway toast. TOAST?! For 2 **** quid?

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Is this some sort of joke. Why wouid anybody buy toast when you csn just stick a couple of slices of bread in a toaster. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Is your kitchen not on your way to work? 😁

It's quite simple. I'm out, I'm on the move. 

I can eat **** all at home till I've been awake and moving for a bit. 

Deal with it. 

Posted (edited)

Not sure why every sandwich and coffee shop on the entire planet sell toast when to buy some would be insane.

Next time I'm in I'll advise them to strike it off the menu because literally no one will buy it. 

These food retailers clearly don't have a scooby what they're doing.

Now I just need to work out what I'll spend the £3.60 a week I'll save on. Maybe half a pint of beer or preferably some homebrew hops. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Why buy a £3 coffee from Starbucks - make your own. Why pay £5 for a pint - just carry a can of Carling around with you. 

No different to a lot of things. I want my toast when i'm at work at 7am, not at 5am when I get up  :)

We have a toaster in work :D 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Inflation up a little from 2% to 2.2%.Apparently it was expected by the BoE who expect it to rise more as the year goes on before falling again.

Bring back Liz Truss

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not sure why every sandwich and coffee shop on the entire planet sell toast when to buy some would be insane.

Next time I'm in I'll advise them to strike it off the menu because literally no one will buy it. 

These food retailers clearly don't have a scooby what they're doing.

Now I just need to work out what I'll spend the £3.60 a week I'll save on. Maybe half a pint of beer or preferably some homebrew hops. 

U ok hon? :D 

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We did have a car kettle once, that plugged in to the cigar lighter thing.

Can you imagine the sense of jeopardy boiling a kettle on a bend in a ‘71 Beetle!

I can’t. The Germanic Spartanism of the ‘71 Beetle, which has no cigar lighter, and the overall spartanism of my imagination render this task out of scope.

Instead I will imagine some raw toast and some cold water.

33 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

How was the toast this morning @sidcow?😀

Toast is a Monday & Tuesday thing.

Today I work form home so later this morning will be having some crumpets.  Unfortunately from a packet, not hand made as I'm  lazy arse.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Toast is a Monday & Tuesday thing.

Today I work form home so later this morning will be having some crumpets.  Unfortunately from a packet, not hand made as I'm  lazy arse.

The only crumpet you're ever likely to get is hand made from what I hear

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I can’t. The Germanic Spartanism of the ‘71 Beetle, which has no cigar lighter, and the overall spartanism of my imagination render this task out of scope.

Instead I will imagine some raw toast and some cold water.

Yeah maybe ‘cigar’ was a bit strong, but we defo had one of them weird little sockets where you pull out a cylinder plug and stick the kettle end in. Bog standard 1971 1300.

I’ll have to go through the photos now…

46 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ll have to go through the photos now

I’m trying to find one to buy (the car, not a photo). I previously owned several, and my memory doesn’t recall seeing such a luxury, but I might be wrong.. in terms of the cost of living, cheap insurance, tax exempt, MoT exempt, clean air zone exempt self serviceable and not that costly to buy, though much more than the 600 quid the last one cost me

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

I’m trying to find one to buy (the car, not a photo). I previously owned several, and my memory doesn’t recall seeing such a luxury, but I might be wrong.. in terms of the cost of living, cheap insurance, tax exempt, MoT exempt, clean air zone exempt self serviceable and not that costly to buy, though much more than the 600 quid the last one cost me

Well if you get one and you’re interested, I’ve got a bunch of memorabilia, manuals and sales brochures and magazines that I have absolutely no need for, don’t have the space for, but feel like there’s too much invested in to just plain throw away. So, perhaps they could become your problem!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Well if you get one and you’re interested, I’ve got a bunch of memorabilia, manuals and sales brochures and magazines that I have absolutely no need for, don’t have the space for, but feel like there’s too much invested in to just plain throw away. So, perhaps they could become your problem!

That’s kind. Thank you. Strangely I also have a similar collection, for a similar reason.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â