The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Please let a journalist ask him the exact details of his plan.

First interview on 5Live this morning... "...but inflation is down to the Bank of England not the government isn't it?" 

And even that is bollocks, the fall is due to the energy market and nothing the BoE did

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont care how its happened im just glad its coming down hopefully in next 12 months we can see some normality but i wont hold my breath

We’ll probably have another couple of wars, pandemics and natural disasters keeping prices high.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Minimum wage increasing to £11.44.

Thats around £22.5k annual salary. 

Will be catching up to average salary soon if wages don’t rise elsewhere as well.

Yeah, great news for those on minimum wage, but our wage stagnation is crazy. I still see some (smaller and smaller numbers, admittedly) grad schemes advertising 25k salaries when they were probably offering that 15 years ago.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Will be catching up to average salary soon if wages don’t rise elsewhere as well.

Definitely a plus for sure. I think when i was 17 it was like £6

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

Lots of people are in skilled work, with lots of experience, earning £25k-£30k. Is the temptation increasingly not to just do something for minimum wage instead? 

Just now, turvontour said:

Lots of people are in skilled work, with lots of experience, earning £25k-£30k. Is the temptation increasingly not to just do something for minimum wage instead? 

I thought that.

You could have a piece of piss warehouse job and get more than £25k without having to move your brain out of 1st gear.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I thought that.

You could have a piece of piss warehouse job and get more than £25k without having to move your brain out of 1st gear.

Well exactly. The starting wage for the police is about £23k. 

Can either do that, or pull pints in the slug and lettuce for the same money.

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â