The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Perhaps more that it's forging a new identity.

One of intolerance, callousness, selfishness, immediacy and arrogance.

Dont forget obnoxious  and easily offended nation 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Two years.

TBH, if the economy isn't looking a bit more sensible by then I'll probably move abroad again.

Pooooolaaaaand

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s August, one remaining payment at 1.39% then its SVR for me. 

Bit insensitive to flaunt your newly acquired disposable income like that mate

Land_Rover-Range_Rover_Sport_SVR-2018-16

Good luck keeping it below 20mph

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bit insensitive to flaunt your newly acquired disposable income like that mate

Land_Rover-Range_Rover_Sport_SVR-2018-16

Good luck keeping it below 20mph

I have started flirting with the idea that in a year or so’s time when I’m free of mortgage I might actually get a Maeving RM1 (electric bike). That’s how flash I flaunt my wealth.

My only concern is I haven’t seen one in the flesh and I worry they might be physically a bit small for my full bodied middle aged manly frame.

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I have started flirting with the idea that in a year or so’s time when I’m free of mortgage I might actually get a Maeving RM1 (electric bike). That’s how flash I flaunt my wealth.

My only concern is I haven’t seen one in the flesh and I worry they might be physically a bit small for my full bodied middle aged manly frame.

My only experience with e-bikes is my father in law was telling me at the weekend his brother has one and absolutely loves it. He goes to work on it and can’t stop raving about it.

If your employer has a cycle to work scheme you can make a big saving by paying out of your wages before tax is deducted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

My only experience with e-bikes is my father in law was telling me at the weekend his brother has one and absolutely loves it. He goes to work on it and can’t stop raving about it.

If your employer has a cycle to work scheme you can make a big saving by paying out of your wages before tax is deducted.

It would be a stretch to get one on the cycle to work scheme.

spacer.png

The thing that appeals is the different battery approach. Rather than needing to park up by a charger, you remove the battery and plug it in anywhere that has a standard domestic 3 pin socket. Which also kind of has a security benefit too I guess, if I’ve walked off with the battery.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It would be a stretch to get one on the cycle to work scheme.

spacer.png

The thing that appeals is the different battery approach. Rather than needing to park up by a charger, you remove the battery and plug it in anywhere that has a standard domestic 3 pin socket. Which also kind of has a security benefit too I guess, if I’ve walked off with the battery.

spacer.png

Looks like a cool beast that, I thought it was more of an electric pedal bike, but it’s more of a motorbike.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ironically the ones that are really easily offended are usually the ones complaining about people being offended

It's true - and dem is offended by a LOT of things... ;) 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Perhaps more that it's forging a new identity.

One of intolerance, callousness, selfishness, immediacy and arrogance.

I dunno, really. I mean you're right in that it's undeniable that politicians (some) and the social media places maybe seem or are that way, but in terms of actual "normal" life, I'm not so sure at all. Maybe I'm lucky, but 99% of the time the people I interact with are still as lovely as ever. People are donating to food banks, charity, doing stuff to help people struggling with the CoL...being typically, understatedly generous much the same as brits have always been, I think. It's just that that kind of stuff doesn't make the news or the internets or get talked about by politicians and so the impression is what you say, but the reality maybe different.

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Interest rates up another 0.25%, government saying there will be help with mortgages, why do we need help, according to the boe we will just be saving more???

Not everyone will need/get help.

Those that are struggling financially are doing their bit by stopping spending (because they’ve got nothing to spend).

Some of those that still have some spare money should be tempted into saving it rather than spending it.

Inflation comes down… along with economic growth. Businesses will go bust and unemployment will rise. The B word will get mentioned a lot.

This time next year there will be a package of measures announced by the government to stimulate the economy.

and around we go again.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â