Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Just now, NeilS said:

That’s a ridiculous yellow for Mings. I am not sure what else Mings can do there. Also, I have seen the faintest of touches meaning a penalty being overturned against us, what are the rules these days. I think they make it up as they go along.

BBC say referee and VAR ignored Partey having his arms wrapped around Mings in the box. I guess the powers that be have their money on an Arsenal victory today.

That's a great point, we've had penalties overturned because the defenders toe nail brushes the ball before he takes the man out meaning it's not a foul, mings here gets a proper full foot on the ball before the man comes to him and its a foul and a booking?

Its make it up as they go along stuff

• Like 1

How the **** do we have a free kick in our own penalty area and end up defending straight away! Absolute shite from Gerrard and the team today!

Edited by pacbuddies

5 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Gerrard said he's got a niggle (and chambers too) pre-match interview that's why they didn't started. 

Ah, ok, didn't know. Well, nothing worthwhile for Gerrard to do then. Hopefully we don't get blown out.

Ollie Watkins' first touch gives me palpitations. It's like he has elbows for feet. 

If nothing else it'd just be nice to see Sanson on for Ramsey, he's being increasingly hard done by not getting more of a chance and on top of that JJ is having a bit of a shocker in this game.

• Like 1

I think we're seeing today that Arsenal have a team of good players, whilst we have a team of some good players and some who are occasionally good.

Consistency is often the difference between a top 4 player and everyone else - not just game to game, but play to play within a match too.