Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The Times write that City had been looking at Rice and Tchouameni, but found them too expensive. I imagine Leeds will expect at least 70m.

Don’t mind if the sugar daddies want to buy Rice for us. 

46 minutes ago, Awol said:

I remember his (I think) first game for us down VP in a pre-season friendly against Milan. Barry got clarted and Reo stepped over him on the ground to go for the Milan player. Thought he was going to be our midfield General back then…

I was there. If I remember correctly ibrahimivic was playing and he missed a sitter then watched it back on the big screen in disgust while the game played on without him.

Reo coker was so loud in that game barking orders we could make him out in the stands. I too thought he was gonna be the man for us

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Honestly don't see the fuss with this guy. Workmanlike, limited, spoiler.

He'll get away with it at city, he's good enough for their simple passing high energy style, always got a pass on

they need someone to keep rodri healthy and fit come the business end of the season, that said I know he can play deeper but letting gundogan go and getting phillips for £70m isn't great is it, nowhere near that level

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The Times write that City had been looking at Rice and Tchouameni, but found them too expensive. I imagine Leeds will expect at least 70m.

You could get 2 better players for that. Crazy 

7 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I was there. If I remember correctly ibrahimivic was playing and he missed a sitter then watched it back on the big screen in disgust while the game played on without him.

Reo coker was so loud in that game barking orders we could make him out in the stands. I too thought he was gonna be the man for us

He was excellent that game. Ibra played yeh. 

9 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If he wants to go they won't get more than £50m for him IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Leeds might have just signed his replacement Brenden Aaronson

Isn’t Aaronson supposed to be more an attacking midfielder? Funny anyhow with Leeds. They pick out some unknown player whose stats Bielsa liked and do anything to sign him, even though Bielsa is gone.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Isn’t Aaronson supposed to be more an attacking midfielder? Funny anyhow with Leeds. They pick out some unknown player whose stats Bielsa liked and do anything to sign him, even though Bielsa is gone.

You mean Bielsa liked Aaronson? 

Didn't marsch sign him while Salzburg manager or had he already gone? Either way I'd say its more a case of marsch likes him and put Salzburg on to him 

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Aaronson and Marsch were together at Salzburg I believe. More likely Bielsa was going at the end of the season anyway, with Marsch already lined up along with Aaronson.

6 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Phillips is class and I would be chuffed if we got him. The midfield would be transformed from our weakness to a strength.

Phillips, Kamara and SJM/JJ is a top six level midfield.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You mean Bielsa liked Aaronson? 

Didn't marsch sign him while Salzburg manager or had he already gone? Either way I'd say its more a case of marsch likes him and put Salzburg on to him 

Aaronson was meant to be a perfect Bielsa player when they first tried to sign him in January.

I suppose when Marsch later became the new manager and knew him from before, they decided to go again now.

”The club had very pronounced tactics under Marcelo Bielsa and, though the Argentinian was sacked a few weeks after the original bids for Aaronson, Leeds believed that he would match up well to Bielsa’s tactics.”

https://theathletic.com/3330285/2022/05/24/brenden-aaronson-why-leeds-pushed-hard-for-signing-and-what-usmnt-midfielder-will-bring/?source=user_shared_article

17 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

They pick out some unknown player whose stats Bielsa liked and do anything to sign him, even though Bielsa is gone.

Bielsa's record in the transfer market is pretty questionable too. Didn't really spend the little money he had well when he was there.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Bielsa's record in the transfer market is pretty questionable too. Didn't really spend the little money he had well when he was there.

Junior Firpo, Dan James, Augustin who they refused to buy but might have too 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â