Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I know he's been injured, but not sure we should be looking for defensive stability at his rumoured asking price from what is quickly becoming the leakiest side in PL history.

The injuries are a concern regardless of any other qualities or lack of. I personally think he’s a bit overrated, largely due to the ridiculous over rating of “Leeds (breath of fresh air) Bielsa” by the BBC etc and the bloke who picks the England team for the FA. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

The injuries are a concern regardless of any other qualities or lack of. I personally think he’s a bit overrated, largely due to the ridiculous over rating of “Leeds (breath of fresh air) Bielsa” by the BBC etc and the bloke who picks the England team for the FA. 

I think at points he's been fantastic for Leeds and in the PL.

At Leeds as that pivot his passing range if in the right structure is absolutely brilliant. Better than anyone we have at the club. Maybe Luiz is better but he doesn't play the risky or range of passes Phillips can.

And for England he's been brilliant in a different role. Box to box, brilliant engine.

The question is has 3 years of this super intense football killed him off.

You wouldn't drop big money on him at the minute no way.

• Like 1

We'd have no chance at getting Phillips if he does have a £25m Relegation Release Clause.

Half the league would activate it. Questions over him or not. Chelsea, Man U, West Ham, Leicester and Spurs would be more than willing to activate it on Day 1. Liverpool would if their Tchouameni deal falls through and City would for a laugh because what's £25m?

We'd actually have a better chance of getting him if the going rate was £50m because of the questions around him it'd thin out the pool of suitors.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Can't help thinking the Phillips connection is an old link from Dean Smith's days, Smith would have had him in I am certain, whereas I think SG is probably casting a much wider net.

I actually think Phillips would be more of a "Gerrard type" player than a Smith player tbh. 

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I actually think Phillips would be more of a "Gerrard type" player than a Smith player tbh. 

I agree. I think working for Gerrard would be a big draw for him. If you go to Spurs you'll have manager merry-go-round. He'd be good for Arsenal but they've never been linked to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

We'd have no chance at getting Phillips if he does have a £25m Relegation Release Clause.

Half the league would activate it. Questions over him or not. Chelsea, Man U, West Ham, Leicester and Spurs would be more than willing to activate it on Day 1. Liverpool would if their Tchouameni deal falls through and City would for a laugh because what's £25m?

We'd actually have a better chance of getting him if the going rate was £50m because of the questions around him it'd thin out the pool of suitors.

I think he would go where he's going to play the most football to maintain his England spot

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Klopp could put him with that Ben Davies guy on dressing room cleaning duty as no chance he gets near the Liverpool team

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

In 2 seasons Tim Iroegbunam is going to be ten times the player Kalvin Phillips is.

It is why we should get an older head in for a couple of seasons to help the development of Iroegbunam (and even Nakamba).

Possibly Kondogbia or someone like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It is why we should get an older head in for a couple of seasons to help the development of Iroegbunam (and even Nakamba).

stop talking sense m8, you will confuse the natives......

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I would have even taken a risk on Fernandinho but it seems he is adamant about going to Brazil. Would have been our Cambiasso. 

Edit - other one is Nzonzi but I don’t know if he can still play lol.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Let's hope Leeds get relegated then. With us still yet to play Burnley, we can pretty much relegate Leeds and buy Phillips if we were to go on the beach for that game. Though, I don't think we would. Just a funny thought.

I'm not sure on Kelvin..

If we want to see the best out of this squad, I think we've got to go 4-2-3-1, so he could fit in, but I'm just not sold on his quality..

2 defensive-er midfielders would allow us to play Emi B and Phillipe together, which is what I think we all want..

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm not sure on Kelvin..

If we want to see the best out of this squad, I think we've got to go 4-2-3-1, so he could fit in, but I'm just not sold on his quality..

2 defensive-er midfielders would allow us to play Emi B and Phillipe together, which is what I think we all want..

I totally agree, I am not sure about his older brother Kalvin if I am honest

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I totally agree, I am not sure about his older brother Kalvin if I am honest

Or his step-brother, Melvin :( 

Just not good quality throughout the family, sadly. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â