Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

This has been talked about before and someone pulled up his games missed stats from transfer market, from memory it depends how you define injury prone, he's only had a couple of injuries but they've caused him to miss months of football each time, personally for me that's not injury prone it's just bad luck

sturridge is injury prone, plays 2 games gets a soft muscle injury misses 2 games comes back gets a different soft muscle injury and misses 4 games rinse and repeat 

Phillips isn't tweaking and pulling things, he's not missing one game at a time with a tight hamstring, he's tearing his hamstring and missing 3 months 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I put Phillips recent injuries down to being overworked by Bielsa

Simple as this. He ran that team into the ground. There’s a reason he’d never stayed as long at a club before.

• Like 4

I'm sure he mentioned that he wishes he looked after himself a bit better during Bielsa time there, they all got worked hard so it's bound to injuries over time. I'm very 50/50 with wanting us to sign him if I'm honest, I think it's the fee if Leeds were to stay up. He is a good player though, I just hope the injury he had this season hasn't completely messed him up. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This has been talked about before and someone pulled up his games missed stats from transfer market, from memory it depends how you define injury prone, he's only had a couple of injuries but they've caused him to miss months of football each time, personally for me that's not injury prone it's just bad luck

sturridge is injury prone, plays 2 games gets a soft muscle injury misses 2 games comes back gets a different soft muscle injury and misses 4 games rinse and repeat 

Phillips isn't tweaking and pulling things, he's not missing one game at a time with a tight hamstring, he's tearing his hamstring and missing 3 months 

Same situ that reminds me of Mings. Not injury prone at Bournemouth. Just bad luck. He has been highly reliable for Villa and barely missed games 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MSvillain said:

His injuries are definitely due to Bielsa's methods as other have pointed out, however it may be the case that the damage has been done now

Absolutely. At 26, It may be something that needs managing forever more and limits appearances, it may be something that goes again more regularly now it has happened once. 

These unknowns are what have to be factored into his value.  That, and the fact he has looked pretty poor when in a side not managed by Bielsa.

If the fee represents value for the risks, and we're confident we can get the player that looked amazing last season back, I'd be OK.... but think I would prefer us to look elsewhere initially. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Telegraph write Phillips is Man City's main target for the summer. Leeds staying up means they might have to pay, but that shouldn't be a problem for the Sheikh.

Pretty sure City already signed there main target 😉

Suppose it makes sense Fernandinho was a shadow of his former self on the weekend so imagine he'll be sidelined more next year.

He was playing CB though, so will there be enough room at DM for Rodri, Philips and Fernandinho? 

5 Subs means Pep can probably rotate DM like he does attacking midfielders but will be a rotational role for Philips.

A shame but I can see it happening.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Suppose it makes sense Fernandinho was a shadow of his former self on the weekend so imagine he'll be sidelined more next year.

He was playing CB though, so will there be enough room at DM for Rodri, Philips and Fernandinho? 

5 Subs means Pep can probably rotate DM like he does attacking midfielders but will be a rotational role for Philips.

Pretty sure Fernandinho has now left City.

Re: Phillips--can't see it happening in regards to AVFC.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Fernandinho announced a month or so ago he’s leaving City at the end of the season.

Philips rumour is just smoke and mirrors from villa

Nobody will know who we are signing next because that's the way the club operates.

I expect a clinical striker and a few more ins and outs before we leave for australia.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â