Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

15 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

When Everton are relegated we could probably get Allan pretty cheap as new DM. 31 and experienced, maybe not a proven winner but did win the Copa Italia some years ago.

I don't think a 31 year old from a relegated Everton is going to excite many on here, most fans are expecting a huge sum to be dropped on a big name DM.  The problem is who can we actually attract to the club in that position? Looking at a list of DMs ranked by market valuation, their aren't many names we could get on the list.  So it will end up being a bargain but not the most exciting, or an unknown  player from abroad, who may need time to develop.  

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don't think a 31 year old from a relegated Everton is going to excite many on here, most fans are expecting a huge sum to be dropped on a big name DM.  The problem is who can we actually attract to the club in that position? Looking at a list of DMs ranked by market valuation, their aren't many names we could get on the list.  So it will end up being a bargain but not the most exciting, or an unknown  player from abroad, who may need time to develop.  

Would be more astute than Philips

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

When Everton are relegated we could probably get Allan pretty cheap as new DM. 31 and experienced, maybe not a proven winner but did win the Copa Italia some years ago.

Are you sure? He has loads of admirers mostly by his former managers with Sarri being at the front of that queue.  While his age is a hinder for him I expect him to go back to Italy.  I think it would be overpriced for him, with a heavy wage even if he was even interested which I’m not sure he would be.  Guessing he only came to the PL because of Ancelotti and will be looking for an escape route back abroad as soon as the season closes.

Surprised anyone is going back to suggest Allan. I watched another Everton game a few weeks ago and was thinking just how clueless the people preaching Allan and Doucoure as the perfect midfield have shown to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Surprised anyone is going back to suggest Allan. I watched another Everton game a few weeks ago and was thinking just how clueless the people preaching Allan and Doucoure as the perfect midfield have shown to be.

Have people actually been saying that? I’m not that crazy about Allan myself but he’s been a decent player in Italy and to some degree at Everton. Doucoure I’ve never really understood the point of.

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Have people actually been saying that? I’m not that crazy about Allan myself but he’s been a decent player in Italy and to some degree at Everton. Doucoure I’ve never really understood the point of.

Less suggesting we sign them as holding them up as an example of what our midfield is missing while not fully seeming to grasp their qualities. For some reason there was a belief by some that Doucoure was a DM because he was big, like there used to be with Billings too.

I've not seen it suggested for a while now!

Edited by Sam-AVFC

10 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Less suggesting we sign them as holding them up as an example of what our midfield is missing while not fully seeming to grasp their qualities. For some reason there was a belief by some that Doucoure was a DM because he was big, like there used to be with Billings too.

I've not seen it suggested for a while now!

Not just them its also Romeu and Ward Prowse who we destroyed recently and also the hybrid of Roy Keane/Makelele/Vieira a mr. bissouma who on the last game is one of the worst players to play against Villa this season 

50 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Allan has looked awful for the majority of his time in the PL. Off the pace completely. No thanks.

He was OK last season, seems to have downed tools when Ancelotti left

23 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yep. He's generally been at fault for goals conceded when we play them.

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2022 at 07:49, VillaParkAvenue said:

Allan wouldn’t get in my five-a-side team. And he’d be competing with me. And I’m shit.

• Haha 1

I know he's been injured, but not sure we should be looking for defensive stability at his rumoured asking price from what is quickly becoming the leakiest side in PL history.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â