Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Match Polls  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/22 at 00:00

Villa can always surprise you. We get one point versus relegation fodder in Leeds and Watford and then beat both Brighton and Southampton without conceding a goal.

Coutinho is still world class and Phil you know you want to stay with us.   We were clinicial today. Even though Southampton had over 60% of the ball we were the better side today. Good stuff.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Could have lost toxay with that make shift defence. A very pleasing performance 

Is it makes shift or is it just a stronger squad, the stamdins today were season top level pro's, Konza Nd Digne have to be good consistently as they know they have decent players behind them and not make shift hope for the best types. It's just one game of course but I'm choosing to look on it as we are making strides with regards to squad depth.

• Like 1

Fantastic win and performance. Kept it so simple to completely nullify the threat from the opposition as we got behind their lines so much, and created plenty of chances. Goal before HT was massive for us and that mad ten mins showed how clinical we can be. With our talent across the squad we should be creating plenty and today we showed our potential. Clean sheet was so good to see too. 

Looked back to how we started under Gerrard and that’s precisely what we needed to do. 

• Like 1

Celebration Saturday night quiz question 🤓 :

When did Villa last win 4-0 in the Premier League? 🤔

(And I mean before today. Otherwise the question would be too easy).

I don't know the answer, by the way. I'm hoping some of you might.

Fantastic! Surprising result, IMO Calum Chambers was really good today and I picked him as man of the match. Good to see he has fit in to the squad and as I thought when we signed him, he is playing fairly regularly too. Looking forward to watching us take on Leeds at their place with their new manager, the game is on Amazon prime so lets put on a good showing and make it 3 wins on the spin

2 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Well that was **** brilliant wasn't it?! Could have been 6 or 7. Every time I sit in the North stand we seem to win so will be sitting there for the rest of the season 

If you can sit there for the rest of your life we’ll be quadruple ,charity shield and Euro super cup winners every season.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, robby b said:

Celebration Saturday night quiz question 🤓 :

When did Villa last win 4-0 in the Premier League? 🤔

(And I mean before today. Otherwise the question would be too easy).

I don't know the answer, by the way. I'm hoping some of you might.

My guess will be under Sherwood at Sunderland Gabby x2 Benteke x2

• Like 2

Coutinho a clear man of the match for me, excellent in every thing he did on the ball, but also was tasked with sitting on Romeu when their center backs had the ball to prevent an easy out, a task he did very well, forcing Ward-Prowse to keep coming deeper to get on the ball. Romeu is an important player for them but was completely ineffective and it was no surprise when he got subbed. 

Thought Saints were very poor considering they were the form team coming in to it, and the way they defended at times you can see why they've had some very heavy defeats the last few years. Take nothing away from the boys though, top performance for pretty much the full 90 minutes, feels like we've had to wait a long time for it!

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Could have lost toxay with that make shift defence. A very pleasing performance 

Was it makeshift? Young is better than the guy playing there and Chambers didn't deserve dropping 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Tbf they’ve taken it a million times better than we would have.

My family and I have lived in the New Forest since the Mid-90s - so we have been surrounded by Saints fans for nearly 30 years.

Ive got a soft spot for them and like to see them do well and win - unless it’s against the Villa or Villas best interests…

So for us to hammer them and me to be humble has been a pleasant but challenging day 🤣

• Like 2

Young did brilliantly today but he is by no means better than Digne is.

Chambers could prove to be better than Konsa, but needs to prove that in a Villa shirt. Konsa was superb vs Brighton.

Fair play to Gerrard we've had two games where you can really see what he wants from the players, tactics and formation.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â