Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, John said:

That's a choice that is yours to make and I completely understand it. It's been a long time since we had a shirt without a paid sponsor, other than the Acorns one which was really excellent. At least we haven't got a betting company or something embarrassing plastered on our shirts.  

image.jpeg.65225a8807f31aaa063647d7b18f4d98.jpeg image.jpeg.8d6cb5cd2f140db346cc9ad1d87b003c.jpeg image.jpeg.b021868cb8fe49b24d5cddd535e4799c.jpeg Tigers secure 'Cash' injection Brighton and Hove News » Former Brighton and Hove Albion striker jailed  over breath test after defence fails to save him

Please tell me that Desn Saunders shirt is real and not photo shopped 😂

We are where we are with the clothing manufacturers we can attract this is based on where we are in the pecking order, hopefully that will change as we make the progress the board as promised.

The selfish fans struggling through a cost of living crisis need to dig deep and shell out to help football business owned by multi billionaires. I’ve heard some crap on here before but good **** lord lol.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The selfish fans struggling through a cost of living crisis need to dig deep and shell out to help football business owned by multi billionaires. I’ve heard some crap on here before but good **** lord lol.

Nope.

You buy it or you do not.

No need for the rhetoric.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know it's an unfair comparison - because what they actually pay for is the TV and media exposure - but you have to consider that Cazoo are paying £14m a season for the privilege of being on the shirt - if we sell (and I'm being generous) 100,000 of those shirts, that's £140 per shirt - would you pay an additional £140 to buy them off?

I understand what you're saying, and I'm also not going to pretend to understand the ins and outs of exactly why companies such as Cazoo are sponsoring Villa. But I suspect that they couldn't really give a monkeys what fans wear and the reason they do sponsor us is for our players to be shown all across the globe on TV with a big fat 'Cazoo' label on their shirts. And for the record i'm totally fine with that, it's just business. 

I just think it would be nice (as a fan) to have the option of a top without the sponsor. I don't particularly want my clothing to be an advertisement for Cazoo (or any other business unless it's a charity such as Acorns) just because they chucked a load of money at Villa. I know at that point you'd think everyone would buy it instead of the shirt with a sponsor. Which is also why I'd be totally fine if a sponsorless top was 50% more expensive or whatever.

Either way, I appreciated the fact that I could buy a sponsorless shirt from Kappa and for that reason it's one of my favourite shirts that I own. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1