Omari Kellyman

zab6359

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to say this is such a strange transfer for chelsea. I just dont see him getting many opportunities there

Perhaps. There's also the chance they've bought him knowing his potential is such that he could go and play on loan in the Championship a couple of times and then get sold for a profit. 

If he fills out and gets a bit of muscle as he grows he has the potential to be an exceptional player. Good luck to him and thanks for getting us out of a financial hole.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Perhaps. There's also the chance they've bought him knowing his potential is such that he could go and play on loan in the Championship a couple of times and then get sold for a profit. 

If he fills out and gets a bit of muscle as he grows he has the potential to be an exceptional player. Good luck to him and thanks for getting us out of a financial hole.

If archer who was scoring for fun in championship only went for 18m i dont see how much more kellyman goes for unless he betters it

We got a great deal here i think

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If archer who was scoring for fun in championship only went for 18m i dont see how much more kellyman goes for unless he betters it

We got a great deal here i think

I think it's a good deal for us yep. 

I think part of Chelsea's strategy is gambling that player values will continue to rise - like someone who puts their money into property for rent, they'll hope that owning the players is a better option than having the cash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's a good deal for us yep. 

I think part of Chelsea's strategy is gambling that player values will continue to rise - like someone who puts their money into property for rent, they'll hope that owning the players is a better option than having the cash.

Think that’s their plan. Villa are doing the same but at a lower price range. Kellyman was bought from derby for 600k. Now we made 31x our investment. Totally soulless, but a good return 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Shame cos Im old fashioned in that I still love it when academy products break through and desperately wish more did 

But that said he's also not really one of our own is he

Will happen less regularly unfortunately as the first team improves, the bar will be higher.

• Like 1

I think if Chelsea are going to loan him out next season then there's a good chance that his value will fall initially, if he goes to the Championship for example, I don't think he'd perform at that level as a £19m player, in fact I would expect a relatively low key season for him, maybe get some game time and a few goals and assists, which is what I was expecting if he stayed with us and went on loan to the Championship, and what I'd expect from Kadan Young if he did the same, such a scenario would be good progress, and for a player his age a promising sign, but now because of big money move to Chelsea there's probably going to be a little more pressure on him, and if he goes to the Championship next season and doesn't look like a world beater will likely get some unfair criticism, even though the price tag isn't about how good he can be next season but beyond that

As for the departure confirmation on the OS I don't think it means anything, with the exception of Iroegbunam - who was more of a first team player anyway, it's been like that for all our academy players that have left recently, I seriously doubt there's been a fall out with him or his people, I suspect it was we along with Chelsea that orchestrated the move and then him given a decision to make

Also as far as I know his brother is still in our academy, pressuming he doesn't also go to Chelsea, the club are still going to have a relationship with the famil

We're improving so in theory it should be harder for academy players to make it with us, but also the academy is improving as well and is doing better than it's been in a long time, in recent years, Archer, Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, Iroegbunam, Kellyman, and potentially Bogarde and Philogene, have all got Premier League moves, some of those good enough for our squad no doubt, just certain circumstances have meant they've left, such circumstances might not apply to some of our future players coming through, and we've got plenty with high potential

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Shame cos Im old fashioned in that I still love it when academy products break through and desperately wish more did 

But that said he's also not really one of our own is he

Bit of a stretch calling him an academy project. Signed in February of 2022. 2.5 years later we turn a 600k investment into £19 million. The club should be lauded for that level of savviness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I totally agree with your sentiment on this, but not your conclusion. 

I feel like something is lost within the football soul when we sell our best prospects before they ever properly play for us. Yet, I feel sad that you feel like you don’t want to follow the academy any more because of it. 

To me, selling players like Carney, Kellyman, A.Ramsey, Philogene and Tim for big money is a great sign of where our academy is… it’s healthy and producing high quality professional footballers. It’s been a good while since it’s had a crop like this. To me, that’s exciting. Yeah it’s a shame the leap to being a first teamer here is a big jump, but I’m so happy we allow them to develop else where and with some a route back to Villa with buybacks. It makes a refreshing change of keeping them and not using them, then losing them on a free. Because we’re no longer that club, I actually feel more excited about what the academy is doing now. 

it’s just a small shame, that we got to do the Carney and Kellyman deals for the reasons we have.. but the truth is, both were a bit away from cracking in to the first team and we getting first teamer offers for them. In the here and nows it’s a risk to say no. Gotta take it

All our academy players, I will always wish the best for and I’m glad Villa helped them on their way 

I hope our academy keeps on producing players of this level, because it’s great telling other fans, “that’s a Villa kid”

I think that is fair, it's certainly better than having an academy that doesn't produce players we cant use or sell.

The better we get the harder it is for youth players to make the step up. We have never really been a consistent top team in my lifetime, the one highlight for me was always seeing youth players come through and develop, the fans have a different connection to these players than the ones we buy for 50m. 

I watched a lot of Archer and Ramsey in their loan spells the previous seasons to see if they could have an impact for us or not. It's sad to see we might even have to sell the ones that we do think can make an impact because of what that money can do for us elsewhere. As I said it's understandable why we are doing it now but hopefully that changes as we stabilise our finances over the next few seasons.

• Like 1

Â