Omari Kellyman

zab6359

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

The catch is we are probably overpaying for Maatsen. 

£19m for a young player with barely any minutes in the PL makes £37.5m for Maatsen, a player who made it into the Champions League Team of the Season, look like the heist of the century.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Burnley paid £19m for James Trafford after promotion despite him making no league appearances for City. Don’t recall the outrage there. 

This is pretty misleading. He was sold having already played 2 full seasons as a starter at 20 years old. Sure, it was on loan and not at Man City, but that's still pretty impressive for a goalkeeper

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not by much though.  How much would we (as fans) expect for him in the same situation? £30m minimum I'd imagine. 

Edited by Isa

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

I dont think we are. He is already in the dutch international team. Fairly young and has CL experience 

Kellyman although younger has neither full england cap or CL experience 

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think we are. He is already in the dutch international team. Fairly young and has CL experience 

Kellyman although younger has neither full england cap or CL experience 

It’s not only about value, it’s how much a club want to keep the player and the other to convince for that. 
Fair value is a myth, it’s a combination of a lot of things. Juve undervalued Luiz because they knew we needed to sell, However does anyone thing we value Duran as Luiz? Definitely not but we’re in stronger position to negotiate. 

£19M is cracking good business imo, I read rave reviews about him but I can't say that I have been particularly impressed the few times I've seen him play, except for the obvious fact that it's impressive to play first team football and not look too lost at that young age.

Some young players you could see right away that they could go on and be top players, like Vassell, Barry, Cahill, Gabby, Grealish. With Kellyman I haven't seen that yet, though I did say the same about Jacob Ramsey and he turned out to be really good.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Homegrown tax on young English players is about £10m thesedays. Dont see the problem with any of these deals tbh. Dont forget also Chelsea have been overpaying for players for two decades

Nothing wrong with the fee, we got the same for Chuk at a similar age and level.  Only difference is when we sold Chuk we weren't in the top 4, now we are and it's a problem for certain red clubs. 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Just a very sad transfer overall. You'd think 19m is good business but he's only 18, Maatsen cost us 35m so who knows. Can understand why it's needed but I'd like to have seen what he can do for Villa.

I always kept my eye on the youth teams, see who made international squads etc but it's clear what the academy is going to be used for now with how financial rules are dictating the sport. Not much point following them, just wait and see which ones end up in the first team.

Unless something drastic happens he's only going to increase in value. 19m is nothing nowadays.

Â