Omari Kellyman

zab6359

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It's okay. You're not allowed to have an opinion anymore on VT because the club is absolutely infallible now.

I don't understand. @thabuckshas expressed an opinion, VT have not shut it down. You frequently express opinions and you can still go back and read them. Maybe ask yourself why so many people disagree with what you write rather than saying you're not allowed an opinion.  Are you saying everyone should agree with everything you write? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

Lots of salty Spurs and Arsenal fans online saying his value is inflated and what we’re doing is akin to money laundering.

Is £19m to high a valuation for Kellyman? How much would Spurs or Arsenal fans be willing to part with one of their top academy talents?

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Lots of salty Spurs and Arsenal fans online saying his value is inflated and what we’re doing is akin to money laundering.

Is £19m to high a valuation for Kellyman? How much would Spurs or Arsenal fans be willing to part with one of their top academy talents?

Arsenal got 34 million for Balogun lsst year who had 25 career goals

I feel we are playing a dangerous game

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

🤣 Money laundering

Sensible clubs are finding ways to improve their squads within the financial framework that's in place.  Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea paid £20m for chuk

They're paying £60m for a Brazilian teenager with 11 career games and he doesn't join for another year 

Would be madness if we get investigated rather than Chelsea, they've spent several hundred million on teenagers and young players 

Man city also paid £20m for an argue teenager after he played 6 games

The horse has bolted 

• Like 1

What great business to sell a kid who looks a prospect but has done nothing in the first team, as yet, for £19m, six months after buying a slightly older kid who had proven himself for longer elsewhere for significantly less and who is now proving to be a very influential first team player after just 6 months under UE.

I think we've really got to put our trust in UE. Morgan Rogers says to me that he/his team know how to pick a young player and develop them. If he can do the same with Barrenechea and Illing Jr next season could be really exciting!

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Kelly man for £19m and Iregboenum for £9m doesn't seem out of line with our business over the last couple of years with no aligned deals (Carney for 20m, Archer for 18m, Ramsey for 14m - I don't think they had proven themselves anymore?).

If we get investigated for anything it should be selling Dougie at an undervalue - seen talk of €50m valuation which can't be right when you look at the price of Rice, Caiceido and Fernandez??

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Kelly man for £19m and Iregboenum for £9m doesn't seem out of line with our business over the last couple of years with no aligned deals (Carney for 20m, Archer for 18m, Ramsey for 14m - I don't think they had proven themselves anymore?).

If we get investigated for anything it should be selling Dougie at an undervalue - seen talk of €50m valuation which can't be right when you look at the price of Rice, Caiceido and Fernandez??

They can’t investigate us for underselling Dougie. We literally have to do it or we’ll get a points deduction. We’re just following the rules that no one else wanted to change. 

1 minute ago, thejoker said:

They can’t investigate us for underselling Dougie. We literally have to do it or we’ll get a points deduction. We’re just following the rules that no one else wanted to change. 

I wasn't being serious. I thought, with your name, you would have been the first to appreciate this!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chelsea paid £20m for chuk

They're paying £60m for a Brazilian teenager with 11 career games and he doesn't join for another year 

Would be madness if we get investigated rather than Chelsea, they've spent several hundred million on teenagers and young players 

Man city also paid £20m for an argue teenager after he played 6 games

The horse has bolted 

If fines or transfer bans are implemented it will be us not them two getting punished

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

A player they wanted rid of and who wanted to leave for his career vs one of our best academy players were being forced to sell because of PSR. Not really the same.

If someone wanted to buy Jamie Donley from Spurs, one of their brightest academy prospects. Similar age and appearance to Kellyman. Do you think Levy would sell for a couple million?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not a chance they can do anything.  Just look at money Real/City/Barca pay for 16 year old brazillian players.  Ive a feeling this could be a nail in FFP(i refuse to call it PSR as they took out the fair part to stop fans saying it wasn’t fair )

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What dangerous game? If a team bids 19m for our player how have we broken rules?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If fines or transfer bans are implemented it will be us not them two getting punished

But how?

There is more than enough precedent for a kid with this much potential but so little playing time going for £19m

I'd be more worried about the Everton Dobbins for timbo deal 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A player they wanted rid of and who wanted to leave for his career vs one of our best academy players were being forced to sell because of PSR. Not really the same.

If someone wanted to buy Jamie Donley from Spurs, one of their brightest academy prospects. Similar age and appearance to Kellyman. Do you think Levy would sell for a couple million?

Mikey Moore would be a £40m+ player 

13 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Doug - Gallagher.  Similar enough asking prices.  Pretty similar stats in the same division last season (across the fbref spectrum).  Similar role within a similar level international team.  1 year contract v a 2 year contract but all we have to say is that Doug had said he wasn't prepared to renew his contract and the "extra" year becomes pretty much irrelevant.

This is what makes "policing" transfer fees almost impossible.  There is no "market" value.  At one end you have City, Chelsea, TV money and the Saudi league inflating prices way above "real" value.  Meanwhile contract dates and PSR do the opposite the other way.  I think the only time it will be heading towards illegality is when deals are made between clubs within the same ownership umbrella.

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So what rule is going to come in that sets a price for a player, that isn't based on fair market value? There are precedents for this fee. 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But how?

There is more than enough precedent for a kid with this much potential but so little playing time going for £19m

I'd be more worried about the Everton Dobbins for timbo deal 

Juventus got a huge points deduction for inflating prices. Paratici is still banned on paper

Premier League cant do anything about Brazilian clubs but can about us

Â