Omari Kellyman

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We've sold Kellyman for two and bit Olise's.

I'm sad to see him leave, but, that's incredible business.

It absolutely is. I've had a feeling we would do this (look at City and Palmer, as well as other decent youth players they have let go) and this means we can builder a stronger team. A stronger team is more valuable than a youth project who might become good.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

We've sold Kellyman for two and bit Olise's.

I'm sad to see him leave, but, that's incredible business.

I agree this is insanely good business given he basically has never played for us. I think regardless of PSR if someone came in and offered you £19 million for a lad who often can’t make the bench I would snap your hand off. If we can pop a couple of beneficial buy back/sell on clauses all the better but this is good news for us. Chelsea I’m not so sure, I can’t see him getting a game for them for 3/4 years but maybe he has a good loan somewhere and they sell him on but to be honest he is going and making us good money, what happens to his career isn’t really our concern anymore 

Just now, Digavilla said:

Trust Emery, he must have seen enough Academy players in his time, to know who will or wont make it

Agree and disagree

PSR and all these games around it is as new to him as it is to all of us, monchi the same, both of them will understand it better but they're not one is really that experienced with it

Agree if kellyman was the second coming of Messi it wouldn't be happening but that doesn't mean that this isn't happening as a comprise 

Same with luiz, his hands are tied to an extent 

It's actually be really interesting to know his proper thoughts on it, given what he's achieved and now what we have to do to be compliant i bet he's fuming...and then at the same time he'll tell monchi to go find another 10 kids we can do this with cos he seems like a guy who knows the score and will adjust accordingly

and in that regard so will we eventually, it is sad though that the day will come where none of us really show that much interest in the academy other than licking our lips at who Chelsea will buy for £20m next, that's going the conversation in these kids threads, when do we sell them and how much for

Kadan Young next along with the CBs

I’m probably most sad that it feels very unlikely we’ll have a new Grealish or Ramsey anytime soon with the way we run things now. 

That said this is a very good deal and not one you turn down. 

• Like 1

For all we know we might be happy to sell Kellyman given the money offered, because we know there's going to be limited pathway to youngsters to the first team and feel we have others who have just as much of a chance as him, which isn't really a far fetched idea, given Kadan Young is is in the same group, and Jamal Jimoh and Ben Broggio in the year below, I really don't think Jimoh is far of Kellyman's level, just a little less consistent, Broggio was unlucky last season with injury, but there was a reason he was the first first year scholar (other than Triston) to come into the U18s, and he looked very promising indeed, which is no surprise as has been highly rated for a while - of course the way things are going we might end up selling those other players too

9 minutes ago, useless said:

For all we know we might be happy to sell Kellyman given the money offered, because we know there's going to be limited pathway to youngsters to the first team and feel we have others who have just as much of a chance as him, which isn't really a far fetched idea, given Kadan Young is is in the same group, and Jamal Jimoh and Ben Broggio in the year below, I really don't think Jimoh is far of Kellyman's level, just a little less consistent, Broggio was unlucky last season with injury, but there was a reason he was the first first year scholar (other than Triston) to come into the U18s, and he looked very promising indeed, which is no surprise as has been highly rated for a while - of course the way things are going we might end up selling those other players too

In some respects, a lot of our younger players are also partly victims of our current success. It doesn't make them unable to make it, but at the current juncture, cash in and we build for now. Even the likes of Cam might struggle to get game time too.

Just now, sidcow said:

Yeah, that's why you do whatever you do and are not DOF at a highly successful Premier League football club. 

Knowing how the internet works, there's a 50/50 chance that @thabucks is about to take off the mask and reveal that he is in fact a DOF at a highly successful Premier League football club

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Knowing how the internet works, there's a 50/50 chance that @thabucks is about to take off the mask and reveal that he is in fact a DOF at a highly successful Premier League football club

Tonight Matthew, I’m Going To Be…

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, that's why you do whatever you do and are not DOF at a highly successful Premier League football club. 

I mean yeah you’re right as I no longer work in the football industry having done so successfully previously and I bet you’ve never either … But what’s that go to do with wanting to keep a talented youngster over an overrated player ?  

Edited by thabucks
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I mean yeah you’re right as I no longer work in the football industry having done so successfully previously and I bet you’ve never either … But what’s that go to do with wanting to keep a talented youngster over an overrated player ?  

**** me you must have been highly successful if you managed to sell players for good value when still partially crocked after a year out. 

• Haha 1

Got to see him last summer in Philadelphia, and he was exciting to watch, but this is an excellent deal for someone who is pure profitable potential. We're so lucky we have such a talent to sell.

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

It's okay. You're not allowed to have an opinion anymore on VT because the club is absolutely infallible now.

• Like 1

Â