Omari Kellyman

zab6359

38 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

That's fine, my point is it's v difficult to say what's fair for a player with potential Vs a player in his prime. Kellyman has absolute bags of potential. In 2 years we might be thinking we got robbed here

It happens, we need money now and 20m gives us flexibility in the market.

City sold Frimpong for 1m... But they've also so loads of young talent for big fees who have since disappeared.

We're also buying young players with big potential ourselves, Maatsen, Enzo and Illing-Junior are all early 20s.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

That's fine, my point is it's v difficult to say what's fair for a player with potential Vs a player in his prime. Kellyman has absolute bags of potential. In 2 years we might be thinking we got robbed here

Fair point. It could go other way and he doesnt even make a appearance for them ans that potential goes down hill. I dont think he would get much game time esp with illing junior coming in 

Think 19-20m is a fantastic deal for us. We could always insert a buy back

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This is exactly the type of sale that the “elite” clubs have been making for years. Selling youth players for huge profit to enable them to keep improving the first team for the here and now.

I love it!

Exactly this, will be expecting a marquee signing in July now.

• Like 2

Monchi is doing the business with these deals, 20mil for someone who probably wouldn’t even make the bench this season with the players coming back from injury and new players coming in

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 2

I don't get the anger. I'm slight disappointed to lose potential but this is the kind of deal big clubs have been doing for years. 

I'm glad we are acting like one of them. 

If I recall correctly, selling a homegrown like Omari can be considered pure profit in FFP, yes? If that's true, then he and Tim are a magnificent deal. Wonder if we can sneak another Archer deal across the line in time?

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it's Chelsea who have set the market, £20m for chuk, £16m for deivid, £15m for angelo, £15m for casadei, £12m for andrey and that's before you look at the hundreds of millions they spend on semi established young prospects 

The £20m for him isn't outlandish compared to who else they've bought 

Yeah but that’s exactly my point. We’d be insane not to trade Kellyman + £17.5m for Maatsen, given the level they’ve both played at so far.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

This is exactly the type of sale that the “elite” clubs have been making for years. Selling youth players for huge profit to enable them to keep improving the first team for the here and now.

I love it!

Not really. They're selling players that have sort of leveled out and won't make it. Kellyman is an 18 year old that is the talk of every scout within Europe I bet.

I get it. I really do. But it's shit. PSR is shit. 18 year olds being ferried about for psr

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Not really. They're selling players that have sort of leveled out and won't make it. Kellyman is an 18 year old that is the talk of every scout within Europe I bet.

I get it. I really do. But it's shit. PSR is shit. 18 year olds being ferried about for psr

Yes really, there are loads of examples.

Whilst getting 9m for Tim and 20m for Omar is amazing business i still think both these players will be considered a pittance for whay they can do in the future. If Tim comes a regular PL midfielder which he will 9m is nothing and Omar is literally one of the best talents in Europe. 

Again 20m is amazing and we're having to do what we have to do for PSR, I'm not blaming the club or the staff but anyone that thinks it amazing we are selling kids for quick bucks is deluding themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Cole Palmer...

He was 21 and wasn't going to make it at City.

And probably already worth near double what City sold him for - edit.

Edited by rodders0223

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think this is a purely PSR decision. It's an opportunity that works for us - if Kellyman was going somewhere he'd play, then it's be a good deal for everyone.

I think it is in that Chelsea wouldn't be bidding for him at all if it wasn't part of some pre-agreed trade off to help both clubs with PSR before the deadline. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He was 21 and wasn't going to make it at City.

There's a sad truth that seemingly hardly anyone is going to make it here 

As for youth players being sold at a premium which gave clubs a massive shot in the arm Liverpool would probably be the best example when they flogged Webster, that keeper to Leicester, Ibe, solanke etc they've been very good at selling academy players

We're not quite there yet where we're knowing that the likes of chuk and kellyman definitely wouldnt make it but that's where we're seemingly heading 

Â