Omari Kellyman

zab6359

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Seems to me the club has overspent, tried to change rules to avoid a points deduction, didn't work and is now in panic mode to sell off whoever is most palatable to sell by 30th June.

Even if we was in perfect financial state...... If a offer comes in for Kellyman at £20 million I think most clubs are taking it. 

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Anyone know whether we will have to pay Derby a sell on fee?

Probably not. if I’m correct, the fee we paid them was a compensation fee, rather than a transfer fee. I’m not sure if theirs a difference, but it suggests that it wasn’t a negotiated deal. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

You'd hope that this will be the catalyst for the rules being changed in the near future and football will start the process of trying to fix itself. 

If a club who has their best season in decades has to do this to avoid punishment, then something is very wrong. 

Rules being changed? I bet most outside Villa have never heard of Kellyman and don’t care when they do.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Probably not, if I’m correct, the fee we paid them was a compensation fee, rather than a transfer fee. I’m not if theirs a difference, but it suggests that it wasn’t a negotiated deal. 

Thanks, just seen someone on Twitter say there was a fee to pay Derby but they were probably guessing.

Admittedly I do not follow our reserve/youth teams at all these days but is Kellyman really considered the same level of talent as Chukwuemeka, or just the best of the current crop? 

I mean like Chukwuemeka was regularly linked to big clubs and was even known somewhat by fans of other clubs as a generational talent. Not sure same is true of Kellyman. 

2 minutes ago, Isa said:

Admittedly I do not follow our reserve/youth teams at all these days but is Kellyman really considered the same level of talent as Chukwuemeka, or just the best of the current crop? 

I mean like Chukwuemeka was regularly linked to big clubs and was even known somewhat by fans of other clubs as a generational talent. Not sure same is true of Kellyman. 

Difficult to say, but the same bracket.

I mean if Ian Maatsen is worth £37.5m after getting to the CL final and being in the CL team of the season, feels like Chelsea are taking a real gamble on Kellyman at £20m. Seems like have to go right to the absolute top to even double his price tag.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Makes a change from our academy players of the past being loaned out indefinitely then leaving on free transfers with no benefit to the club.

Everyone likes the romantic idea of youth players breaking into the first team and going on to be club legends, happens rarely.

If this helps us buy a Baena or a Nico Williams, then it’s the right move.

Tbf, if the gap between our youth and senior team is too big for our kids to jump then I’m chill to let them go… we’re developing footballers not benchwarmers. Let them play senior football elsewhere and we get paid for getting them to that level. 

30 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

I'm thinking long term IF he was to become a superstar.

That's the problem basing things on a player's 'potential' I guess. 

We are in win now mode and if we use the funds well and become a consistent top 4 team down the line, no one will remember (or care) about this deal.

I've changed my mind.. I'm on board. Get him sold.. and give them a reminder about the Duran deal whilst you're in the phone!

Yes those are fair points peter. I would imagine he will struggle to get more game time there than here. I mean 20m is crazy when you think cash is going at 30m and he has done a lot more.

I bet the rest of the PL are not happy at the chelsea- villa partnership 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes those are fair points peter. I would imagine he will struggle to get more game time there than here. I mean 20m is crazy when you think cash is going at 30m and he has done a lot more.

I bet the rest of the PL are not happy at the chelsea- villa partnership 

As I've said already, Cash is in his prime. Easy to value. 

Kellyman you're paying for potential, way harder to value 

19m is a fair price IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feidhlim said:

As I've said already, Cash is in his prime. Easy to value. 

Kellyman you're paying for potential, way harder to value 

19m is a fair price IMO

Cash is a polish international  and only 26 years old. Has what 4-5 years experience in CL.  Id value cash double over kellyman.

Even timmys played more than kellyman and went foe 9m. I think we are getting good money for him personally 

Archer went for 18m too 

25 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Understood but I am talking about the outstanding talent at the club being sold after grabbing his brief opportunities in the previous season is a crazy decision. I absolutely get £20million in the sky rocket for 5th or 6th choice who may or may not improves makes it a no brainer from a business point of view though.

Tbh Andy, I trust the club here. If he's 5th/6th choice then he's not an outstanding talent yet, by first team standards at least, because the guy who makes that call is Emery. Secondly, have we regretted selling anyone under NSWE? 

If they think it's the right call, then I'll back their decision because they haven't steered us wrong and have earned that trust IMO.

9 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I mean if Ian Maatsen is worth £37.5m after getting to the CL final and being in the CL team of the season, feels like Chelsea are taking a real gamble on Kellyman at £20m. Seems like have to go right to the absolute top to even double his price tag.

it's Chelsea who have set the market, £20m for chuk, £16m for deivid, £15m for angelo, £15m for casadei, £12m for andrey and that's before you look at the hundreds of millions they spend on semi established young prospects 

The £20m for him isn't outlandish compared to who else they've bought 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Cash is a polish international  and only 26 years old. Has what 4-5 years experience in CL.  Id value cash double over kellyman.

Even timmys played more than kellyman and went foe 9m. I think we are getting good money for him personally 

Archer went for 18m too 

That's fine, my point is it's v difficult to say what's fair for a player with potential Vs a player in his prime. Kellyman has absolute bags of potential. In 2 years we might be thinking we got robbed here

Â