Omari Kellyman

zab6359

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The purpose of the academy has changed a lot but that's inevitable as we improve as a club and are higher up the table. Kellyman, as an example, is down the pecking order but has value due to his potential - it's a no brainer to let him go for 20m when we're in the PSR bind we're in. 

Doesn't make it any less of a ridiculous decision from a football point of view. Seems like the club has got itself in a right mess and shows that the lines coming out of the club are utter bollocks.

What other option do we have, sell Watkins or Martinez? Kamara when he is fit? 

Would rather we keep core players as they cost a fortune to replace.

Selling Kellyman is a way around the PSR rules. Would you rather we get some empty unit in Egypt buy it and make some name up to sponsor us for 300m a year...

Other clubs sell youth talent, we are doing the same. Yes, probably you scratch my back we will scratch yours but better than the alternative!

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

We are striking while the iron’s hot. This is the moment to just **** go for it with Emery and champions league football. Selling promising youngsters absolutely sucks, but the rules leave us with little alternative if we want to fulfil our ambitions. 

Yeah exactly. we wanna try our best to win a trophy now, we want champions league footy again. We not in a position to wait until Kellyman and Tim get good. 

• Like 4

Seems to me the club has overspent, tried to change rules to avoid a points deduction, didn't work and is now in panic mode to sell off whoever is most palatable to sell by 30th June.

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

If we get an Alex Baena or a Matías Soulé with the money we got for Kellyman. You would all take that right?

Honest...I'm still stuck in the past thinking that an academy player making it means more and that villa only really having Ramsey and Grealish in the last decade is piss poor, especially seeing as we won things at youth level

That said look at Chelsea and I know people think they don't have spending problems but it's rumoured chalobah, James, Colwill and Gallagher are up for sale, in recent years they've cashed in on the likes of Tammy and Guehi, tomori, mount - they sell home grown U19 CL winning players to buy £60m 18 year olds from Brazil, how the **** have we got here?

If this is he result of the rules then the rules need an overhaul, this isnt how it should be 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I stopped looking at the academy as future players for us some time back. This doesn't bother me at all tbh, in fact it's proof that it's working well for us. 

i agree in principle, 95%+ of our youth players are....tbh....there to be sold for PSR, and im ok with it.

I guess i just wondered if we would keep the cream of the crop and sell off the ones that arent super high potential, it just seems we are treating all of them as PSR cash.

I can live with it though, as someone else said, we are building for "now", not in 5 years time, so guess it is what it is, as long as we actually buy well, and dont waste all this money, it will be ok i guess! :)

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Seems to me the club has overspent, tried to change rules to avoid a points deduction, didn't work and is now in panic mode to sell off whoever is most palatable to sell by 30th June.

I don't think we're screwed financially with our current team, I think we're doing this so that we can go balls deep on a strong PL/CL campaign next season by making lots of signings to strengthen the squad. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Agree with the rest but not that bit 

I'd say monchi is just working his way through a list, one doesn't work he moves on to the next, then the next then the next

Hopefully in July when the PSR nonsense is all done he can do the same with some big names coming in 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's not really a ridiculous decision IMO. He is far down the pecking order for us and has value. Rather sell him than Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey etc. 

Understood but I am talking about the outstanding talent at the club being sold after grabbing his brief opportunities in the previous season is a crazy decision. I absolutely get £20million in the sky rocket for 5th or 6th choice who may or may not improves makes it a no brainer from a business point of view though.

42 minutes ago, imavillan said:

don't see why we are getting rid of our youngsters, if this is true

Because that's basically how football has been sculpted over the last five years, Sadly. Bidace, Chuk, A Ramsey, Archer, Kellyman etc. All exciting, mainly local prospects need to be sold as per the financial structure of the league. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's not really a ridiculous decision IMO. He is far down the pecking order for us and has value. Rather sell him than Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey etc. 

He's been on the bench and played last season. Hardly far down the pecking order.

• Confused 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Whats the point of bringing your kids up to dream about playing for Villa so if they are talented enough they can be flogged for PSR

You'd hope that this will be the catalyst for the rules being changed in the near future and football will start the process of trying to fix itself. 

If a club who has their best season in decades has to do this to avoid punishment, then something is very wrong. 

Been rumours that we have a v strong relationship with Chelsea at board level. Seems to be true - and thank goodness for that. Sad to see Omari go but needs must. 

Â