Omari Kellyman

zab6359

14 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

£20 MILLION??? WE'RE MILLIONAIRE'S..

I'm easy with alot of the mooted transfers and youngsters going, but this one actually upsets me I can't lie. 

The " PSR " roundabout and gaming is cool in one sense but only to a certain extent.

This is probably the kind of thing Bardell and Tanswell were referring to when they were saying based on what they've heard it almost seems " nothing is off the table ".

I rate Kellyman extremely highly and to think of the prospect of him going to pad up moneybag piss takers Chelsea , or anywhere at all just to make up their numbers is very frustrating.

I'm 99 percent in the trust the board and management camp etc always, but unless there is more to this, it will be probably the first one which rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Feidhlim said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a fair price?

Its definitely fair. Man city sell academy players for the same amount and we 15 mill for Ramsey or something like that. 

You wouldn't sell a player like Kellyman for 10 mill, the potential upside you are losing if he fulfills his potential is massive.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Not for me this one. I'd be really disappointed if we sold him and even more so if it was for £20m. That's peanuts.. even for FFP.

A season on loan in the Championship or at a bottom Prem club and he could come back a proper player

Peanuts i think its insane and outrageous even is valued anywhere close to 20m. He has rarely played for us and they are paying for potential.

If this happens then illing junior is the replacement for kellyman in the squad

• Like 1

The thing is, the kid was not going to get a great deal more game-time next season with us than he got this season. The likelihood is that he would have been loaned out for experience just as he will be at Chelsea.

And I'm sure they will find him a loan every bit as good as the one we would have. Especially after forking out £20m on him. 

Edited by Isa

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm easy with alot of the mooted transfers and youngsters going, but this one actually upsets me I can't lie. 

The " PSR " roundabout and gaming is cool in one sense but only to a certain extent.

This is probably the kind of thing Bardell and Tanswell were referring to when they were saying based on what they've heard it almost seems " nothing is off the table ".

I rate Kellyman extremely highly and to think of the prospect of him going to pad up moneybag piss takers Chelsea , or anywhere at all just to make up their ninberd is very frustrating.

I'm 99 percent in the trust the board and management camp etc always, but unless there is more to this, it will be probably the first one which rubs me the wrong way.

Personally I think its bad for Kellyman and his career.

• Sad 1

On 20/06/2024 at 00:12, mikeyp102 said:

Hopefully not Kellyman as the academy player 

#ITK 😂

As soon as saw an academy player mentioned in the talks with Chelsea I had a feeling it would be Kellyman. Boy has bags of potential. £20m is a lot of money but I am gutted as thought he’d be the next one coming through and was excited to see him in the team.

PSR sucks ass

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

This has come about awful quick and could signal the total collapse of the Duran deal. 

Think it was reported couple days ago that there would be a player going chelsea's way from us with the maatsen deal which wasn't duran and not a big name. Kellyman fits the bill. Still chance of duran deal being done separately 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Peanuts i think its insane and outrageous even is valued anywhere close to 20m. He has rarely played for us and they are paying for potential.

If this happens then illing junior is the replacement for kellyman in the squad

I'm thinking long term IF he was to become a superstar.

That's the problem basing things on a player's 'potential' I guess. 

We are in win now mode and if we use the funds well and become a consistent top 4 team down the line, no one will remember (or care) about this deal.

I've changed my mind.. I'm on board. Get him sold.. and give them a reminder about the Duran deal whilst you're in the phone!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AndyClarke said:

**** off, fed up of this shit now, waste of time watching the u21s.

**** Chelsea

**** Football

**** Southgate

The purpose of the academy has changed a lot but that's inevitable as we improve as a club and are higher up the table. Kellyman, as an example, is down the pecking order but has value due to his potential - it's a no brainer to let him go for 20m when we're in the PSR bind we're in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Rather this than we have to sell Emi, Watkins, Bailey etc... 

This kid could come good, he could be playing in the Dutch 3rd division in 5 years. Nobody knows. 

What I do know is if they wanna give us £20mill then our PSR is sorted and we can bring in 1st team ready quality for next season in the Champions League. 

It's all very short term. What happens in 3 or 4 years when we need younger players coming through and we sold our best ones to a supposed competitor just to beat an arbitrary deadline for accounting for one year to avoid punishment?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But they know how to run the club and we don't  😉 xx

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This has come about awful quick and could signal the total collapse of the Duran deal. 

I think the Duran deal has already collapsed, hence why Kellyman is going instead.

Edited by duke313

7 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

i understand the "why".

Does make me sad though, he is probably our highest potential young talent.

I hope it all works out for the best, if it doesnt it wont look good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

If we get an Alex Baena or a Matías Soulé with the money we got for Kellyman. You would all take that right?

Chelsea building a team for in 5-6 years time. Villa are building a team for now.

Yep, which is what we have to do given that our time in the sun could be very short. Our revenue is so far behind that we will have to make some sacrifices here and there with the bigger picture in mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â