Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I would play Tim alongside Bouba. He is big and strong and excellent at winning the ball back. He is young but so what. He is better than our other options and we should chuck him in.

Exactly. He is no shrinking violet.  And him and Kamara would 100 percent work a treat. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Exactly. He is no shrinking violet.  And him and Kamara would 100 percent work a treat. 

couldn't be worse surely, him in a .....4-2-3-1....all for it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I would play Tim alongside Bouba. He is big and strong and excellent at winning the ball back. He is young but so what. He is better than our other options and we should chuck him in.

I think he is the future.  One more player in there and Bouba, Tim and ANO could / should be the spine of our midfield for 7 seasons.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

some of the links with us are depressing.

I actually haven't seen any new links lol.

What are they saying?

Edit: I've just seen a link to Ross Barkley and I wish I'd never looked.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

This idea that we shouldn’t sign any more players with Gerrard in charge is a bit daft if you ask me. The modus operandi should be to ‘sign good football players’ regardless of the manager. We need to continue to try to improve the starting XI in the next few weeks and if Gerrard continues to fail as a manager, then we just get rid and bring somebody else in to work with the good players we’ve signed. 

Agreed.  We are in a much better position playin squad wise than we were last season, which was better than the season before, which was better than the season before, etc, etc.  I think we are really close - hopefully the Board can see that.

5 minutes ago, allani said:

I think he is the future.  One more player in there and Bouba, Tim and ANO could / should be the spine of our midfield for 7 seasons.

I really see something in this boy Tim....fwiw.

could save us some Transfer money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually haven't seen any new links lol.

What are they saying?

Edit: I've just seen a link to Ross Barkley and I wish I'd never looked.

precisely.....

Harry Winks, blah blah blah......everyone else's rejects, while they steam onward and upwards......be Deli Ali next.

Jonathan David scored two and assisted one this weekend, getting back to his form and he has upside potential.

Kouadio Kone is the next in line on the defensive/box-to-box wishlist after Sangare signed an extension.

Benrahma knows the league, is going to be undervalued and would suit Gerrards whack system and 4231 which he went to last game. BBC (👀) can't play 90 mins every week. With Traore, AEG bombed and JPB/AJ on loan. We'll need a rotation option.

That's my wishlist between now and end of the window.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Jonathan David scored two and assisted one this weekend, getting back to his form and he has upside potential.

Kouadio Kone is the next in line on the defensive/box-to-box after Sangare signed an extension.

Benrahma knows the league, is going to be undervalued and would suit Gerrards whack system and 4231 which he went to last game. BBC (👀) can't play 90 mins every week. With Traore, AEG bombed and JPB/AJ on loan. We'll need a rotation option.

That's my wishlist between now and end of the window.

Is this meant to be Boubacar Kamara? BK?

freudian slip anyone 🤪

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It might be for the best that we stop throwing money around and sort the manager situation out first.

Tactically he doesn't have a clue.

Yeah probably, but they aren't sacking Gerrard yet. No chance. So we may aswell improve the squad.

This is why Lange is there, there should be a plan throughout the club. DoF shouldn't build a team by themselves and not should the manager. Both should want to fill the obvious holes in the team. Lange needs to ensure there is a balance between Gerrards mates and players who suit the vision of the club.

If he can't do that, the he should be up for the sack too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This idea that we shouldn’t sign any more players with Gerrard in charge is a bit daft if you ask me. The modus operandi should be to ‘sign good football players’ regardless of the manager. We need to continue to try to improve the starting XI in the next few weeks and if Gerrard continues to fail as a manager, then we just get rid and bring somebody else in to work with the good players we’ve signed. 

Couldn't the argument be made that we might already have the players but SG is not using them correctly?  e.g.  Sanson,  Buendia, Coutinho more central,  Luiz in the 8,  McGinn higher up...

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry can't agree with this.

The players we have signed so far, are at the level almost any Manager would appreciate.

As a club you can't just not sign proven quality due to the Manager.

Even if SG were to get sacked right now, any potential Manager would come in to a much better squad than we had when he came in.

It's not like the old days, there is a committee and Lange etc.

SG doesn't just watch some football then decide he want's a player and the club go and do it. lol

I wouldnt give him any money either, he has players that an actual coach would actually help get a lot out of and not this guy. We have one of the better squads in the league and have not got any improvement since he joined

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wouldnt give him any money either, he has players that an actual coach would actually help get a lot out of and not this guy. We have one of the better squads in the league and have not got any improvement since he joined

So you'd handicap the progress of the club just to teach Gerrard a lesson?

We have one of the " better " squads but it's still an unbalanced one which lacks in a couple of critical areas.

I genuinely can't see any valid argument for not wanting to improve the team if it is financially possible, regardless of Manager.

Again, people keep saying " give him money " as if they give him 50 mill and send him off to the player shop and say " surprise me "

It's not giving " him " money... It's improving the team and squad.

We've got a whole department dedicated to finding the players we NEED and which would improve us.

The players he's actually signed are also some of our better players as well ( Coutinho hot and cold ) so I don't get it.

The irony is that's it's the players he hasn't signed, who he likes ( Like McGinn and Konsa ) which are probably our weakest links currently. Lol

His signings might actually be his biggest tokus point this far.

I'm not saying we are in desperate need either, but if it were me I'd balance by playing someone like Tim or Luiz beside Kamara.

It's only a midfielder I want and I've been saying it for a while.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1