Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Oh come on.

If he has done nothing I would be outraged but something must have happened for the manager to say sod off and train with the kids.

Don’t worry I know. But it’s just easier to write off his class performances in his first season. 🙂

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Not sure why, I thought he was quite bright in his brief pre-season cameo?

Probably because he's the most inconsistent Premier League player since Mario Balotelli. He can do it when he's arsed, but he's frequently not, or his head just isn't in the game. Hard to know why, because some of the things he can do are downright outrageous. I'm sensing the manager just doesn't want the frustration.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Don’t worry I know. But it’s just easier to write off his class performances in his first season. 🙂

I like him, but you need evidence if you are going to say that he has done it for no reason.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Probably because he's the most inconsistent Premier League player since Mario Balotelli. He can do it when he's arsed, but he's frequently not, or his head just isn't in the game. Hard to know why, because some of the things he can do are downright outrageous. I'm sensing the manager just doesn't want the frustration.

What a strange comparison. Balotelli really he was crazy thats why he didnt perform

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I like him, but you need evidence if you are going to say that he has done it for no reason.

That’s not exactly what I meant when I said nothing.

It was more a “he’s done nothing” as opposed to “he’s done nothing wrong.”

But he was still good for one season. I’m still in the let’s sell him camp.

Consistency’s the key word here. Gerrard wants 7/8 out of ten performances every time you put on the shirt, he demands it. Traore just isn’t one of those players. Awesome technically but comes across lazy and half arsed.

I think it’s McGinns tenacity and hard graft that wins him favour with Gerrard.

If we do sign another attacker they will have to be a grafter

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

We should have signed Alvarez when we was rumoured to be after him

Should have listened to Emi about Alvarez and Enzo Fernandez as they’re both going to be superstars. 

• Like 1

The Traore training with the U23s thing is clickbait, he isn't training with the U23s as some sort of punishment or anything like that, it's a tempory thing because he's not involved with the first team friendlies this weekend, same for Guilbert. Next week when the first team is back at Bodymoor Heath, both will be back training with the first team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Consistency’s the key word here. Gerrard wants 7/8 out of ten performances every time you put on the shirt, he demands it. Traore just isn’t one of those players. Awesome technically but comes across lazy and half arsed.

I think it’s McGinns tenacity and hard graft that wins him favour with Gerrard.

If we do sign another attacker they will have to be a grafter

He's 4th choice, we aren't signing a better forth choice than him

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What a strange comparison. Balotelli really he was crazy thats why he didnt perform

I don't recall suggesting their reasons for not performing were the same or similar.  It's not a strange comparison at all, I literally dropped the name of the least consistent PL player I could think of.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

The Traore training with the U23s thing is clickbait, he isn't training with the U23s as some sort of punishment or anything like that, it's a tempory thing because he's not involved with the first team friendlies this weekend, same for Guilbert. Next week when the first team is back at Bodymoor Heath, both will be back training with the first team.

I mean....... You've pretty much contradicted yourself there. It's not clickbait, it's very telling that he was not deemed worthy of involvement in either of the first-team friendlies and told to go train with the kids alongside Guilbert.

Everyone knows Freddie is up for sale. This strongly suggests we would absolutely listen to offers for Bertie too.