Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Selling 3 of our starting 11 won't happen

Whether or not we replace those 3 with better pushing them back to the bench is something different 

Also think our youth set up has the most depth and potential at CM so we won't sell and upgrade 3 of them, we'll cling on for at least another year before going for a big midfield overhaul 

I hope we go for a huge mega money signing, £60m cm and / or striker, 2 players in, maybe a young back up LB if we find him but that'll be about it, no huge turnover of players, no 5 x £20-30m players

go big on a couple of ins sell all the ex first teamers out on loan, stick or twist on traore and sanson

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Why does us going after a holding midfielder mean Luiz is leaving.

Luiz is not a DM so us bringing one in means he can play further up?

I think it's fanciful that Luiz will be a top class no.8. Personally, I think he lacks the strength, pace and athleticism to play this role. I think the hype is off the back of his ball to Cash for the goal against Everton at home (I think). 

Luiz will be sold if he doesn't sign a new deal. It's a shame because he's still fairly young but I don't see him firing us into the top 6/8 anytime soon in either a number 6 or number 8 position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Luiz knows he won't be playing every game ahead of JJ and McGinn. So is he signing a new contract to play half as many games next season as he has for the previous 3? 

We've got Sanson and Chukwuemeka as 8s (if latter signs a contract). Buendia and Coutinho can also both play 8 too. I'd say if we signed say Bissouma he could play 8 and Nakamba 6. So in terms of midfield cover we're stocked.

If we sell Luiz it's basically all profit as the way we pay down amortisation early means he's got a book value of 1 mil or 2 at best. He will have multiple teams interested in singing him too and should fetch 25m+ for sure. 

So when it comes to the contract negotiations and the future it may be one where Luiz moves on. He'll want a big contract and salary up with the top 4/5 at the club so near 100k per week for sure. We'd be paying him more than our two starting 8s then. 

So when you look at say Sanson v Luiz as an 8 and the profit that comes from selling one vs the other and the factor of Chukwuemeka too. I can see it happening for sure, Luiz leaving

• Like 1

Reports in January were conflicting but ended in the club aiming to extend his contract,m. It seems that isn’t going to happen, so he will be sold rather than walk for free in a years time.

Also in January there were reports about Villa turning offers around 30m down. This summer he’s got less than 12 months left so I’d expect him to go for less, around 20m perhaps.

57 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Reports in January were conflicting but ended in the club aiming to extend his contract,m. It seems that isn’t going to happen, so he will be sold rather than walk for free in a years time.

Also in January there were reports about Villa turning offers around 30m down. This summer he’s got less than 12 months left so I’d expect him to go for less, around 20m perhaps.

That seems reasonable especially if the contract situation has stalled and I don’t think he’s massively progressed either. 

The midfield will be overhauled I’m sure come the summer regardless 

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah you'd hope so, considering we were getting offered near £35m for him in January it'd be weird to push him out a few months later. You'd imagine there'd be more of a plan for him than that. 

Suppose we'll see when Nakamba is back whether Dougie gets played as an 8 or if he's benched behind Ramsey/McGinn

For whatever reason he isn't signing a new deal. Unless he's given Gerrard his word he'll sign it as soon as the season finishes we'll have to sell him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

He's played pretty much every game under Gerrard as DM (Well since Nakamba got injured anyway) so little has changed.

He could play further up but I think in Gerrard's mind next season is simply a new number 6 and then McGinn and Ramsey  as the two shuttlers/guys who can chip in with goals.

If likes of Sanson and Doug go it does leave us a bit understocked at CM but I'd like to think injury to say Ramsey and that would mean Carney coming in for regular starts. I'd also expect Buendia to be played a bit deeper next season so he's potentially a decent option for games where we will dominate possession at home.

20 hours ago, John said:

You never know, it's a funny old game. ;).

Bit of ITK for you all. Ola Aina is a 25 year-old Nigerian international wing back who is currently on loan to Fulham from Torino. I understand he was on the train from London to Birmingham New Street today. Apparently he's been linked with West Ham, but why would he be coming up to New Street? To talk to someone else about a move, or to meet up with someone that he once played with for either Chelsea or Hull? Who knows, I know I don't? I thought that I would put it out there though...🕵️‍♂️

Ola Aina Bio- salary, net worth, married, dating, affair, children, bio,  girlfriend, relationship, age, family, career

He's booked the Peaky blinders tour, with Carl Chinn....come to see Digbeth.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We could be really ballsy this Summer and raise some significant funds, as well as the money set aside, and overhaul the starting XI. I know some are worried about squad harmony, and that’s fair, but the owners want improvement and we’ll never break the top 7/8 if we don’t change a number of our outfield players. 

We could potentially bring in something like…

Targett - 15m
McGinn - £30m
Luiz - £22m
Sanson - £10m
Trezeguet - £1m
El Ghazi - £5m
Watkins - £35m
Traore - £8m
Davis - £6m
Total - £132m

I’m not saying we should do this at all, just that we can raise funds. 

I’d then go and spend all of that, plus the money left over on Coutinho and 3 quality starting options (2 centre mids and a striker) and a replacement full back (probably Hickey) to compete on both sides. 

We’re extremely bloated at the minute without European football and we also have some promising youngsters who can’t get into the side because of how many players they have in front of them. 

For me, it’s time to say goodbye to a fair few of the current crop and really go after quality. 

For me, McGinn and Watkins should not be going anywhere, and certainly not for £30m & £32m respectively. The fees mentioned for Douglas (if he won't sign another contract), Targett, Sanson, Trez, Traore and Davis, also seem to be set at an "Everything Must Go - Closing Down Sale" price. We're not cash strapped, so I don't think we will have to sell to buy, I would therefore hope that we would ask for something nearer the fee that Daniel Levy would ask, for any players that we might be prepared to sell at a price that suits us. Other clubs expect us to pay top dollar, so we need to play that game a little bit too.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Selling 3 of our starting 11 won't happen

Whether or not we replace those 3 with better pushing them back to the bench is something different 

Also think our youth set up has the most depth and potential at CM so we won't sell and upgrade 3 of them, we'll cling on for at least another year before going for a big midfield overhaul 

I hope we go for a huge mega money signing, £60m cm and / or striker, 2 players in, maybe a young back up LB if we find him but that'll be about it, no huge turnover of players, no 5 x £20-30m players

go big on a couple of ins sell all the ex first teamers out on loan, stick or twist on traore and sanson

You seem confident of this.  

With a new manager, ambitious owners, a new system, a new philosophy, first major transfer window and a squad that has been incredibly inconsistent the last 18 months and the CEO saying it’s going to be a big summer I’m thinking there will be more surgery to this squad than you are saying.  

The manager will want to make this squad his own, wants the winning mentality and the owners wanting Europe…it just points to more change.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You seem confident of this.  

With a new manager, ambitious owners, a new system, a new philosophy, first major transfer window and a squad that has been incredibly inconsistent the last 18 months and the CEO saying it’s going to be a big summer I’m thinking there will be more surgery to this squad than you are saying.  

The manager will want to make this squad his own, wants the winning mentality and the owners wanting Europe…it just points to more change.

I think it because of 2 reasons, firstly because at some point the turnover has to stop, we can't end up with a patchwork quilt of a team and at the same time I don't believe that Gerrard sold himself to us in his interview by stating that he'll bring in 8 new players within the first 2 transfer windows, I also don't believe based on anything I've seen yet that he does have this amazing system that we need a squad overhaul to play, his football isn't that special

Secondly because I think this squad is safely mid table, we're good enough for 10th as it is, the next step needs that bit of quality, big signings not lots of signings, we don't need another £15m might work out midfielder we need a guaranteed starter who will cost a lot of money, same at striker, we're trying to chase down spurs and arsenal but we're not yet fishing in the same pond as them, we won't do it by simply buying more players from the shitter pond 

And then lastly, Newcastle might have changed this, I'm still not convinced that this is all moving as quickly as what fans want, we're playing the long game with the academy, as a result this idea that we have to get europe next year, we have to do this we have to do that, I don't see it personally, I think they'll take another couple of years adding quality each window whilst seeing who breaks through, it will all slow down

For those reasons I don't see 10 out 5+ in this summer 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We could be really ballsy this Summer and raise some significant funds, as well as the money set aside, and overhaul the starting XI. I know some are worried about squad harmony, and that’s fair, but the owners want improvement and we’ll never break the top 7/8 if we don’t change a number of our outfield players. 

We could potentially bring in something like…

Targett - 15m
McGinn - £30m
Luiz - £22m
Sanson - £10m
Trezeguet - £1m
El Ghazi - £5m
Watkins - £35m
Traore - £8m
Davis - £6m
Total - £132m

I’m not saying we should do this at all, just that we can raise funds. 

I’d then go and spend all of that, plus the money left over on Coutinho and 3 quality starting options (2 centre mids and a striker) and a replacement full back (probably Hickey) to compete on both sides. 

We’re extremely bloated at the minute without European football and we also have some promising youngsters who can’t get into the side because of how many players they have in front of them. 

For me, it’s time to say goodbye to a fair few of the current crop and really go after quality. 

If ALL of those players were sold they would go for more than that.

I certainly wouldn't sell Traore or Sanson of that list.

48 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

This would be most acceptable.

to be brutally honest, i havent been that impressed with Johnson when i have watched him.

I mean, yeah he's good, but i have seen he quite a few times now, and he has never blown me away when i have seen him play.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think it because of 2 reasons, firstly because at some point the turnover has to stop, we can't end up with a patchwork quilt of a team and at the same time I don't believe that Gerrard sold himself to us in his interview by stating that he'll bring in 8 new players within the first 2 transfer windows, I also don't believe based on anything I've seen yet that he does have this amazing system that we need a squad overhaul to play, his football isn't that special

Secondly because I think this squad is safely mid table, we're good enough for 10th as it is, the next step needs that bit of quality, big signings not lots of signings, we don't need another £15m might work out midfielder we need a guaranteed starter who will cost a lot of money, same at striker, we're trying to chase down spurs and arsenal but we're not yet fishing in the same pond as them, we won't do it by simply buying more players from the shitter pond 

And then lastly, Newcastle might have changed this, I'm still not convinced that this is all moving as quickly as what fans want, we're playing the long game with the academy, as a result this idea that we have to get europe next year, we have to do this we have to do that, I don't see it personally, I think they'll take another couple of years adding quality each window whilst seeing who breaks through, it will all slow down

For those reasons I don't see 10 out 5+ in this summer 

I understand your point(s) but for the points I mentioned before, the club seems to be giving the impression on several occasions, which differs to what you believe should happen.  

You don’t see, believe it or want it but the club are giving the impression that’s the direction they might be taking.  

This isn’t me saying it, at different times not least the CEO say “big summer”.  

I haven’t made up my mind which way I would go if my choice to be honest and can see both arguments, I think on this I’m just going to sit back and trust the club whichever way they decide to go.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be brutally honest, i havent been that impressed with Johnson when i have watched him.

I mean, yeah he's good, but i have seen he quite a few times now, and he has never blown me away when i have seen him play.

Well, we're struggling to get out on prospects on to the pitch for sure, but based purely from a trading pov, he would be a decent investment. 

• Like 1