Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Would it be rash to suggest Marcus Rashford?

Rashford needs a move. He needs a fresh start and a move away from the limelight.

I doubt he’d agree, but he could do a helluva lot worse than ending up here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shirtman said:

Greenwood is a great footballer but a flawed character.  Dangerous 

It wasn't a serious suggestion, the man is an absolute shit 

It was just a reaction to Rashford. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

If they successful short term additions while good accademy players develop then I can see the benefits. However if they don’t do well pretty quickly then they can become expensive flops stuck on the books with little resale value. Anyone got a crystal ball? 

It depends on what contracts we offer. I mean Young is only on 12 month deal and we can release him this summer. Think same will happen with Suarez if there's genuine interest.

Was a bit surprised Digne got a four and a half year deal so that's on the club. Guess it's same for Ings.

Then again we signed Elmohamady when he was about 32 on a three year deal which perplexed me yet it worked out alright as he was good servant especially after promotion.

Players are able to play at or very near to their peak to age of 32/33 years old. The issue is the fact there is no residual value in signing experienced players and they command the highest wages too.

But Digne will be at the top of his game for the entire length of his contract here for example. 

Gerrard wants experience added to the squad with proven winners to blend with the younger players we have. 

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Rashford could be the next Delli Ali - great couple of years, showing amazing promise but loses heart, interest and dedication to the game. 

Man Utd is a circus. He seems a bit on the sensitive side. The noise there could be a burden for him. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rashford needs a move. He needs a fresh start and a move away from the limelight.

I think he's played too much football, was stories last summer that he needed an operation but went off to the euros with England instead 

He's 24 and played 343 games,in the last 5 seasons he's played 50 games a season for 6 years straight (maybe 3 of them 60+ games) 

As a comparison grealish is 26 and has played 300, mings 29 and played 234, Bailey is also 24 and played 240

He definitely needs a fresh start and a break and a team that uses him better 

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Rashford could be the next Delli Ali - great couple of years, showing amazing promise but loses heart, interest and dedication to the game. 

I think he already is the next Deli Ali. Believe there own hype think they have made it at 20/21 years old and stop putting the work In and football moves very quickly and when you don’t put the work in you go backwards very quickly. 

personally I like rashford as a guy, he seems like a decent lad but I wouldn’t want to see him shooting from 35 yards for us like he seems to do for Utd when ever he gets the chance despite no goals that I can remember coming from outside the Penalty area. I do think if he wasn’t a Man Utd player nobody would be even mentioning him given the drop off in form of the last 2 years. It’s an irrelevant point anyway because regardless of how poor a player he actually looks now the surprise element of his first couple of years have gone and every team have worked him out he will still feel he is a top 4 / Barca Real Madrid level player and like with deli Ali the will still be managers that are so arrogant they think they can get a tune out of a busted flush 

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It depends on what contracts we offer. I mean Young is only on 12 month deal and we can release him this summer. Think same will happen with Suarez if there's genuine interest.

Was a bit surprised Digne got a four and a half year deal so that's on the club. Guess it's same for Ings.

Then again we signed Elmohamady when he was about 32 on a three year deal which perplexed me yet it worked out alright as he was good servant especially after promotion.

Digne is 28 so a four and a half year deal is about right I suppose, given that we paid £25m. 

What people tend to forget when considering player contracts, is the player’s point of view. They want a contract that suits them and the stage at which their career is at. It’s often a compromise that suits both parties or neither. As someone once told me, a good deal often means neither party is completely happy. One side would like to have paid less, the other would like to have got more. It’s the same in every business. 

On 28/03/2022 at 19:22, Shirtman said:

Greenwood is a great footballer but a flawed character.  Dangerous 

He would be a great buy if he wasn't a disgusting rapist excuse for a human being.

On 28/03/2022 at 23:21, maqroll said:

I suppose Ward-Prowse no longer fits into the plan?

Would have been a great buy wouldn’t he? I doubt it’s still possible.

I would love to see Coutinho, JWP, Phillips and Sterling. If we cleared the decks of deadwood and also McGinn / Ings maybe it’s possible.

49 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I would love to see Coutinho, JWP, Phillips and Sterling. If we cleared the decks of deadwood and also McGinn / Ings maybe it’s possible.

Possible? 😂

In what universe is Sterling joining Villa possible? 

• Like 1

On 28/03/2022 at 19:10, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldnt touch Rashford with a barge pole.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Richarlison might be an option…?

i thought that too a bit ago, but i went and watched a load of vids of him, as many as i could find tbh, and his highlight reels arent even that good tbh, i know he's Brazilian, but i really think if his name was Richards, we might not even look twice at him.......

Maybe he is a good player, performing badly in a poor team though.....who knows.