Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, The Rosk said:

There is zero chance we will get Kalvin Phillips.  He was England's best player at the Euros.  Big 6 team will snap him up if they go down.  Only 26 and top reputation right now, can't see him moving to a team that's not in Europe.  

I think this may be why we go for him. Hes another statement signing.

Would also like the interest in Aaron Hickey to go through, would he come to be a back up to Digne though?

In general think our summer will be made up of sales and loans out as the majority of our business. 2 big signings after Coutinho. A DM and who knows. The others will be £10-£15 mil mark. 

20 minutes ago, The Rosk said:

There is zero chance we will get Kalvin Phillips.  He was England's best player at the Euros.  Big 6 team will snap him up if they go down.  Only 26 and top reputation right now, can't see him moving to a team that's not in Europe.  

Most in the so called big 6 are already equipped with this type of player.

I think we have every chance......maybe watching us last night, he tells his granny " what do you know about football, you old snatch"😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I would think their agents will be quick to identify clubs, who have the wherewithal, to take them....us being one.

I dont think they were allowed to generate any new money ? So it would be cancelling contracts rather than selling players ?

Can't imagine they will be able to generate the amount needed to continue paying players 200k plus, and they must have 5 or 10 players in that bracket and another 5 or 10 on 100k pw.

Even their youth players are on stupid money.

It said sky money and any current sponsor deals only. No new money allowed to come in.

And if they start losing all their sponsors like 3 who quit them yesterday then they will have to try loaning everyone out next year if the sanctions remain

• Like 2

I think outs will be

Targett, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Guilbert, Davis, Hause (Wesley stays on loan).

In will be Suarez, Bissouma, Hickie, Gomez and Olson/Coutinho sign permanently. 

Edited by CVByrne

36 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think outs will be

Targett, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Guilbert, Davis, Hause (Wesley stays on loan).

In will be Suarez, Bissouma, Hickie, Gomez and Olson/Coutinho sign permanently. 

Targett, Trez, AEG, Guilbert agree. 

Davis will get a year long loan in the Champ or move on I think if he does well for Forest for the rest of the season we may get as much as £5-10m for him. Hause has just signed a new deal and won't be moving unless we go really big on a CB (may be unlikely given that Chambers is looking like a great pick up). 

No chance we sign Suarez in a million years. Bissouma ship has sailed (he's hugely overvalued and there are better options out there for the money). Hickey unlikely to want to be a back up and Gomez is a crock. Coutinho depends on the wonga but all of us would of course love it. 

I'm pretty underwhelmed by our links but know that there will be new ones that come out of the woodwork before silly season. It will all depend on where we finish in the table. 

• Like 1

I honestly think we will be getting Suarez, SG likes experienced players and will go with players/winners he knows. Suarez won't be expecting to play every game, but one of Ings or Watkins goes if he does come in. Also wondering if Buendia will stay, unless he's happy to be understudy to Coutinho (provided we sign him). 

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

His injuries could be a reason not to spend a fortune on Phillips. The biggest clubs may have the same worries.

Agree with this mate. I don’t pay much attention to Leeds so I maybe overestimating his injury record, but every time I see Leeds Phillips on the box Phillips  is injured. 

The quality isn’t in question, but that injury record would be a concern for me given the sort of fee Leeds would command 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I'm pretty underwhelmed by our links but know that there will be new ones that come out of the woodwork before silly season. It will all depend on where we finish in the table. 

Exactly, none of us would have expected Coutinho, Digne and Chambers at the start of January. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

I honestly think we will be getting Suarez, SG likes experienced players and will go with players/winners he knows. Suarez won't be expecting to play every game, but one of Ings or Watkins goes if he does come in. Also wondering if Buendia will stay, unless he's happy to be understudy to Coutinho (provided we sign him). 

We don’t even have a young squad anymore, we’re right in the middle together with Man City and Liverpool when it comes to average age. The top clubs don’t tend to sign many 35-year-olds (unless they’re managed by Conte of course).

47 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

We don’t even have a young squad anymore, we’re right in the middle together with Man City and Liverpool when it comes to average age. The top clubs don’t tend to sign many 35-year-olds (unless they’re managed by Conte of course).

I'd say that Ashley Young is an example of what this strategy gets you - a few excellent performances in a league where every game is tough - Suarez wouldn't break the bank (that's Coutinho's job) but he would absolutely punish any side in the bottom half. Also - Cavani. 

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

They’ve already rejected us once. Why would they agree this time around? Are we going to give them £60 million for him?

43 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

They’ve already rejected us once. Why would they agree this time around? Are we going to give them £60 million for him?

Did he not say himself they were ready to accept but he didn't want to move? The difference this time is he's a national team starter and wont want to be relegated 6 months before a world cup, which is looking a real possibility.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Did he not say himself they were ready to accept but he didn't want to move? The difference this time is he's a national team starter and wont want to be relegated 6 months before a world cup, which is looking a real possibility.

Yeah I couldn’t remember if it was him or the team that rejected it. If they get relegated it makes much more sense. For whatever reason I wasn’t considering that factor when thinking about it.

Also, a random side note since I saw this mentioned. Not necessarily directed at you. He doesn’t really have that bad of an injury history. Hamstring thing is obviously worrisome but most of our squad have some sort of “worrisome” issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I would think their agents will be quick to identify clubs, who have the wherewithal, to take them....us being one.

Yea, people keep going on about the current rules regarding Chelsea but the government will change them

26 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I couldn’t remember if it was him or the team that rejected it. If they get relegated it makes much more sense. For whatever reason I wasn’t considering that factor when thinking about it.

Also, a random side note since I saw this mentioned. Not necessarily directed at you. He doesn’t really have that bad of an injury history. Hamstring thing is obviously worrisome but most of our squad have some sort of “worrisome” issue.

His Nan told him to stay at Leeds. Hamstring injury out 97 days is a very concerning injury for a professional footballer. They have a habit of reoccuring

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

His Nan told him to stay at Leeds. Hamstring injury out 97 days is a very concerning injury for a professional footballer. They have a habit of reoccuring

Did he completely rupture it? I never looked into it so I assumed it was just one of those lingering strains that never was able to fully heal? I remember Cash injuring his hammy and the assumption was that could be bad but turned out just fine.