Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I would think that Matty would suggest that we make Tomasz Kedziora our first target and I would back that.

If we can offer a temporary spot that would help players and their families, that want to leave Ukraine to leave, then I think we should (not purely for footballing reasons).   

6 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'd be unhappy too if I had a overbearing, everpresent, control freak of a father who never f***s off and is always trying to control my life even though I've just turned 30.

For a second I thought this was the Leon Bailey thread, but he’s not 30 is he.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Wilmar Barrios is on that list...think he's a regular for Colombia but not sure what his real level is.

Quincy Promes still playing, seems to have been an eternal FM prospect for about 30 years!

Quincy Promes is being proesecuted in Netherlands for stabbing somebody....maybe best to avoid

Wilmer Barrios isnt that much taller than Luiz :P  

• Like 1

On 03/03/2022 at 12:49, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t buy into the idea that it’s a failure if we’re overhauling the squad.

We have to keep improving and if that means selling players like Luiz, McGinn and Watkins for a profit, then so be it. We also need to understand that players like Traore and El Ghazi were good enough to keep us in the division, not to push for Europe. 

There is no set or right way to achieve success. We have to keep improving and unfortunately, that means being very active in the transfer market. 

I agree.

The important thing is, that the players we buy make us better, the numbers are of secondary importance to that.....we must also ensure the age demographics are spread evenly, as a sensible mix.

I think the owners have sufficient Nous, to know what the volumes of players should look like....I have trust in the way they go about their business.

We do have to keep improving, but we must also avoid doing an Everton, where the buys have been iffy and its landed them in the brown stuff.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I would think that Matty would suggest that we make Tomasz Kedziora our first target and I would back that.

If we can offer a temporary spot that would help players and their families, that want to leave Ukraine to leave, then I think we should (not purely for footballing reasons).   

Having watched Kędziora on multiple occasions, I would suggest we should (for any reason, but not a footballing one because he isn't a premier league player). 

• Like 1

Kedziora is apparently already back in Poland so it would probably be a football transfer at this stage. He probably needs a place to train if Poland will play that playoff against the FIFA Russian World Cup team

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

They got some good Brazilians at Shaktar Donesk. There are a few I'd look at there like Neres, Tete, Antonio.

Or Malcom at Zenit. 

7 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Bloody hell, I knew FM is accurate enough with this stuff but to tip a kid for future stardom when he is just out of the womb, that's just outrageous.

Haha I'm sure he was tipped as future star around 2008-09 for Holland so genuinely have no idea how old he is other than he seems to have been around forever and one of those Dutch players from that era who's never really stepped up to major euro league as he didn't last long at Sevilla.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Haha I'm sure he was tipped as future star around 2008-09 for Holland so genuinely have no idea how old he is other than he seems to have been around forever and one of those Dutch players from that era who's never really stepped up to major euro league as he didn't last long at Sevilla.

He just turned 30, he has hardly done much for Netherlands either and has about 50 caps, like a Dutch Aiden McGeady

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Are they allowed to sell thou?

I think that Chelsea cannot buy or sell players right now - not certain but this is how I read what has been disclosed so far. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Are they allowed to sell thou?

They can't renew any contracts 👀

I can definitely see us signing Azpilicueta, Rudiger and Christensen on frees this summer.

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

They can't renew any contracts 👀

I can definitely see us signing Azpilicueta, Rudiger and Christensen on frees this summer.

They are all going to Barcelona if you believe the gossip

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sne said:

They are all going to Barcelona if you believe the gossip

Christensen is done, Azpilicueta was on the fence but probably today decided for him 

Rudiger is pricing himself out of moves bit his bargaining power has probably dropped now. He wanted crazy money from Real and they wouldn't pay it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I think that Chelsea cannot buy or sell players right now - not certain but this is how I read what has been disclosed so far. 

By the summer, they'll almost certainly have new owners and so will be fine to buy and sell players.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Rudiger is pricing himself out of moves bit his bargaining power has probably dropped now. He wanted crazy money from Real and they wouldn't pay it

Good defender but not as good as he thinks he is. 

He'll probably end up at Newcastle as he seems driven by money.