Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 hours ago, sne said:

Hopefully (although I have nothing against him)

But is he someone they'd spend money on if they are aiming for top half or Europe? He is limited.

In reality thou it will take them years to establish as a top team if that's their aim so they will need players along the way. Just like us.

He'll be a transition player for them, much like someone like Dan Burn.

Better than what they've got currently (Dummett etc) and they'll upgrade in 2-3 years when they're properly going for top 6.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Watkins is sold for a profit that will be nearly 40 million. We will then need to buy a replacement in a very thin market

If we have somebody lined up perfect but selling for the sake of it is bad form 

Gerrard heading for a Gomez and Origi double swoop I've heard :)

• Sad 3

The express has gone for it today making predictions....

We are in for Kessie and Suarez.
We may sell Luis
Cash off to Madrid

Football insider thinks we want to sell Watkins for a better striker.

There was some other crap too 😂

18 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We may sell Luis
Cash off to Madrid

I think Football Insider who I respect the effort that they have got this far but they are a complete scam

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

We may sell Luis
Cash off to Madrid

To be honest - and this has nothng to do with the FI nonsense - I want a better striker than Watkins, too. 

I love the Kessie talk. I know there’s no chance in hell of us getting him for a free this summer without absolutely a huge change in wage structure. 
He is exactly what we need in midfield, I can dream! 

• Like 2

Kessie on a free, and Bissouma for no more than £25m, would transform our midfield.

Luiz could leave for a similar fee to Bissouma, so wages would be the only sticking point, especially with Kessie.

If we can go and get Hickey for £15m, and sell Targett for £20m+ to Newcastle, again that would be good business.

Completing a deal for Coutinho, and then focusing on signing another CB to challenge Mings and Konsa, as well as another striker, would give us the squad required to start challenging for a European place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Kessie on a free, and Bissouma for no more than £25m, would transform our midfield.

Luiz could leave for a similar fee to Bissouma, so wages would be the only sticking point, especially with Kessie.

If we can go and get Hickey for £15m, and sell Targett for £20m+ to Newcastle, again that would be good business.

Completing a deal for Coutinho, and then focusing on signing another CB to challenge Mings and Konsa, as well as another striker, would give us the squad required to start challenging for a European place.

If we signed Kessie we wouldn't need Bissouma as he would be back up. Both are still not a No. 6 that people want 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

If we signed Kessie we wouldn't need Bissouma as he would be back up. Both are still not a No. 6 that people want 

Those two would probably be great in a double pivot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

He's just pinched it from here

Didn’t pinch it. Credited the source at the end of the tweet which they do all the time. They just bring forward all the gossip, pretty sure they don’t take it as gospel

When we signed Micah Richards his £80k - £100k per week wages were split between his weekly wage and signing bonus. We could put Kessie hypothetically on a standard £120k to fit the structure but then also pay him another £180k outside of that for his signing bonus image rights etc.

Pretty sure Aaron Ramsey’s astronomical £400k pw wages are broken down similarly… I know we stand a 1/2 % chance of getting Kessie but we wouldn’t necessarily need to blow our wage structure up to accommodate him - just be creative. 

15 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Didn’t pinch it. Credited the source at the end of the tweet which they do all the time. They just bring forward all the gossip, pretty sure they don’t take it as gospel

They’re constantly stealing others material and when they’re not, they just make up a load of rubbish. 

I’d stick Villareport in the same category as Footy Insider and The Birmingham Mail.