Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Midfielder Plays for AC Milan, wouldn’t be as big a coup as actually signing Coutinho permanently, Oh he’s also Big strong and Black, I’m both of those but somehow I didn’t make it as a footballer 😂 or “destroyer” 

So we are signing the dark destroyer then? 

https://images.app.goo.gl/pE8aQtjCe3LUePvE8

Edited by paul514
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh he'd have much more impact on our game than Coutinho IMO. Genuine world leader in his position. Coutinho is not.

And don't give up on your dreams. You can still make it.

I’ll take your word for it on Kessie - would you really say world leader though? He didn’t make the Guardian’s top 100 footballers (I just googled to check as I’ve never heard of him - shows I haven’t been watching any Italian or African football for a while I guess) and people like Holbjerg at Spurs were on that list. (I’m not claiming it’s an infallible list, just surprised if he’s as good as people on here are stating and playing for a high-profile club like Milan).

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’ll take your word for it on Kessie - would you really say world leader though? He didn’t make the Guardian’s top 100 footballers (I just googled to check as I’ve never heard of him - shows I haven’t been watching any Italian or African football for a while I guess) and people like Holbjerg at Spurs were on that list. (I’m not claiming it’s an infallible list, just surprised if he’s as good as people on here are stating and playing for a high-profile club like Milan).

Maybe I'm overrating him a bit.

He's better than Hojbjerg I can assure you of that.

He won't be signing for us.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TRO said:

I understand your concerns, but for me, its his form more than anything.

He is not just traditional winger.....he can play in a front 3......what we need him to do is get match fit, get some belief and wreak havoc.....He should be like a Harvey Barnes, frightening defences.

He has to find a way, like many of our players in negating the press, and finding space for himself, to thrive in.

Maybe if we get to the positional rotation point where we have a front three which can operate as a 1 2 or 2 1 at different points in the game. Also where Bailey is to make runs into box or out wide where Coutinho stays central as the 10. I think it needs a summer pre season and fitness from Bailey to do this though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

67577w.jpg

Kessie is one of the best players in the world in his position and walks into every Premier League team except maybe City

Coutinho was one of the best players in the world in his position. He isnt anymore 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kessie is one of the best players in the world in his position and walks into every Premier League team except maybe City

Coutinho was one of the best players in the world in his position. He isnt anymore 

Great player, but I think Fabinho and Kante would want a word with you over the highlighted part. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Great player, but I think Fabinho and Kante would want a word with you over the highlighted part. 

He doesn't play that position though especially the Fabinho one. He is better than Henderson, Milner or Keita

He plays mainly no. 8 with Bennacer sitting back and Tonali a bit deeper as well

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He doesn't play that position though especially the Fabinho one. He is better than Henderson, Milner or Keita

He plays mainly no. 8 with Bennacer sitting back and Tonali a bit deeper as well

Fair enough, incidentally is another 8 a priority for us in the summer? I know he'd be an upgrade on anything we have but surely there are bigger priorities given that we might already be shelling huge wages on Coutinho permanently. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Fair enough, incidentally is another 8 a priority for us in the summer? I know he'd be an upgrade on anything we have but surely there are bigger priorities given that we might already be shelling huge wages on Coutinho permanently. 

I dont think it is but I am curious of our transfer approach. Players that probably need upgrading are Gerrard favourites

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Maybe if we get to the positional rotation point where we have a front three which can operate as a 1 2 or 2 1 at different points in the game. Also where Bailey is to make runs into box or out wide where Coutinho stays central as the 10. I think it needs a summer pre season and fitness from Bailey to do this though.

It'll come.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Maybe I'm overrating him a bit.

He's better than Hojbjerg I can assure you of that.

He won't be signing for us.

Some said that about Coutinho, Martinez and Digne.

I would suspect, Aston Villa could be a very persuasive bunch.....but if we could get a good run going, that will help enormously, in the summer.

Barcelona, are not the attraction, they once was and Spurs have Hojbjerg and Bentancur......The top teams are well stocked with such a player.

Don't under estimate us, and our plans.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I think McGinn is our 8...played in a properly balanced set up.

Edited by TRO

23 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Midfielder Plays for AC Milan, wouldn’t be as big a coup as actually signing Coutinho permanently, Oh he’s also Big strong and Black, I’m both of those but somehow I didn’t make it as a footballer 😂 or “destroyer” 

Both of three or am I reading this wrong 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Three then

👍 Don’t worry the missus thinks I’m a pedantic clearing in the woods as well 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

He's a busy type of player in midfield, reminds me of Delph actually although much higher level.

Was great at Atalanta and took about six months to get going at Milan but now key part of potential title winning side.

In recent years he's actually been linked to Wolves and Spurs were apparently looking at him but given they've signed Bentancur I'd assume they've passed up on his wages.

Would be pretty shocked if we pulled this off, would assume we'll go all in for Bissouma with the pros and cons of that.

Speaking of Bissouma (as always), wasn’t it weird how Purslow talked about him after the Brighton game? About Bissouma being worth no more than 10m and how McGinn had him in his pocket etc. If Villa still plan to sign him this summer, it’s feels unusual for a ceo to talk like that before a deal.