Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Let's be honest, none of us have a clue what Gerrard will do in the summer. 

I would assume we sign Coutinho, obviously we have Digne in and I would assume Martinez is untouchable but literally anything else could happen with any of the current players. 

We have interest in a number of our players from Cashy to Ollie, we have reservations about all our outfield players and subs, some small reservations to massive reservations.  We also dont know how big or not the club will go, we hear rumours but will that come to fruition, who knows.  I think this summer for the first time in a number of years could be a massive surprise because the manager is fairly new, with his first summer transfer window and the club talking about ambition we could see massive changes or very little but we could see a number of favourites leave the club.

I predict he'll be looking for a starting midfielder and a starting striker. I'm not 100% sold on Coutinho yet but that'll probably happen as well.

Possibility of a starting CB as well.

Just thinking about it though, we really do have a frightening number of viable premier league players coming though.

I think this is the best group all at once I can ever remember. I think we'll have over 10 that will make a career as a footballer which is incredible. You can probably include Ramsey in it as well. He's younger than Finn Azaz, JPB and Caleb Chukwumeka.

11 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'd take Werner for the right price and salary. So, probably not unless it's on loan. Which is looking increasingly likely.

I actually like Werner alot.

Tenacious, hardworking.

Can play across the whole front line etc.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kessie would be the biggest signing in our history more than Coutinho but I dont see it

English pundits will absolutely hate him for his style of running and taking penalties 😂

Some of you make me feel proper stupid with player knowledge.

I have no **** clue who this bloke is!

lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I predict he'll be looking for a starting midfielder and a starting striker. I'm not 100% sold on Coutinho yet but that'll probably happen as well.

Possibility of a starting CB as well.

Just thinking about it though, we really do have a frightening number of viable premier league players coming though.

I think this is the best group all at once I can ever remember. I think we'll have over 10 that will make a career as a footballer which is incredible. You can probably include Ramsey in it as well. He's younger than Finn Azaz, JPB and Caleb Chukwumeka.

i also think that we have a real chance of having our own class of 22. Bidace and Archer learning their trade in the Championship aged 20, Barry Kesler and Aaron in the lower leagues aged 18 and 19

and then you have Carney, Tim, Chrisene and now Tommi O'Reilly making the bench..thats 9 

plus we have Bogarde, Feeney and Smith at CB who are all highly rated.  There is a good chance half of those will make it in the Prem with us long term. 

HOWEVER they are for the future .  we need a star striker thats for sure. Someone who can make something out of nothing. We need a DM obviously to replace Dougie and i think another dynamic midfielder to play as an 8 . 

26 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We need a DM obviously to replace Dougie and i think another dynamic midfielder to play as an 8 . 

IMO it'll cost a lot to find someone comfortably better than Ramsey, McGinn and Sanson for that 8 role. Their 'good' level is fine for us, and getting someone consistently at that level will be a Champions League player.

• Like 1

I do wonder what we do with Bailey. I can't see how he fits our system at all, he's a wide forward/winger and we never play them. If a suitable offer came in we might be best letting him go. We have players from the Smith era who just don't fit the system and he's top of the list for me. 

People want to say things about Ings but he can play in a 2 with Watkins and if Watkins was injured for a run of games Ings could play up top on his own. So I can see his place in the squad he is one of the 2 CFs we have. Bailey just no longer fits. 

On 27/02/2022 at 10:20, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's so annoying that it looks like Newcastle are staying up.

I can see them **** up pre seasons by trying to purge teams like ours of our best players, whilst going after all our top targets simultaneously.

It was inevitable Shaun.....but they can't sign everyone.

We still have a lot going for us....a couple of really appropriate signings will see a huge uplift in our balance......that will make a significant difference, to the playing squad, mentality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I do wonder what we do with Bailey. I can't see how he fits our system at all, he's a wide forward/winger and we never play them. If a suitable offer came in we might be best letting him go. We have players from the Smith era who just don't fit the system and he's top of the list for me. 

People want to say things about Ings but he can play in a 2 with Watkins and if Watkins was injured for a run of games Ings could play up top on his own. So I can see his place in the squad he is one of the 2 CFs we have. Bailey just no longer fits. 

I understand your concerns, but for me, its his form more than anything.

He is not just traditional winger.....he can play in a front 3......what we need him to do is get match fit, get some belief and wreak havoc.....He should be like a Harvey Barnes, frightening defences.

He has to find a way, like many of our players in negating the press, and finding space for himself, to thrive in.

49 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we revert back to ultra attacking wing backs he would be a much better choice than Digne on the left

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Kessie on a free would be incredible signinv. But if Barcelona want him we have no chance

Not so fast. Barca have lost some of their lustre and the PL is universally accepted as the best league in the world. With Gerrard and Coutinho as a lure...anything is possible. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not so fast. Barca have lost some of their lustre and the PL is universally accepted as the best league in the world. With Gerrard and Coutinho as a lure...anything is possible. 

Barcelona also have the lure of Xavi a bigger name than both of them plus. potential Champions League 

We could only offer more money in wages 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Barcelona also have the lure of Xavi a bigger name than both of them plus. potential Champions League 

We could only offer more money in wages 

Barcelona, are still Barcelona, at the end of the day, regardless of issues.

Didn't Traore turn down alot more money to go back as well.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of you make me feel proper stupid with player knowledge.

I have no **** clue who this bloke is!

lol

Midfielder Plays for AC Milan, wouldn’t be as big a coup as actually signing Coutinho permanently, Oh he’s also Big strong and Black, I’m both of those but somehow I didn’t make it as a footballer 😂 or “destroyer” 

Edited by gwi1890
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Midfielder Plays for AC Milan, wouldn’t be as big a coup as actually signing Coutinho permanently, Oh he’s also Big strong and Black, I’m both of those but somehow I didn’t make it as a footballer 😂 or “destroyer” 

Oh he'd have much more impact on our game than Coutinho IMO. Genuine world leader in his position. Coutinho is not.

And don't give up on your dreams. You can still make it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh he'd have much more impact on our game than Coutinho IMO. Genuine world leader in his position. Coutinho is not.

And don't give up on your dreams. You can still make it.

Possibly more of an impact but in terms of name value they are incomparable.

bit late at 33 mate 😂

Depends on Kessie’s motivations … playing for a not so great but still good Barca … Or tempted by the vast £££ on offer and an interesting project. We could quite conceivably pay him £300k pw split between wages and signing bonus … mute point as he won’t be coming to VP other than on a visiting team.

59 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

You're about 8 hours late mate 

I've done all my Googling since the , so now know enough to pretend I know more than I do, successfully. 💪🏽🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Kessie isnt a destroyer and doesn't play defensive midfield 

He is also not that big 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kessie isnt a destroyer and doesn't play defensive midfield 

He is also not that big 😂

I was taking the p*ss mate,  but he’s nearly 6ft1 bigger than 5ft9 Douglas Luiz, oh and he has also played 7 out of the 20 matches he’s played this season at DM 😅😂

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

I was taking the p*ss mate,  but he’s nearly 6ft1 bigger than 5ft9 Douglas Luiz, oh and he has also played 7 out of the 20 matches he’s played this season at DM 😅😂

Well i thought so but sometimes yoi never know ha. Bennacer is actually the Milan deepest player or DLP another VillaTalk favourite position 😂😉

• Haha 1