Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

18 goals and 17 assists in 75 games at Chelsea isn’t bad but also not amazing plus his £275k pw wages and £50-£60 mill fee make it a mute discussion point IMO  …  in answer to your question Yes I would 

I would have thought he would get better numbers for a side that plays to his strengths, but yea the figures don't add up anyway

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I would, he has pedigree but unfortunately it’s just not clicking at Chelsea for him. Is that due to Chelsea or the PL that he doesn’t quite fit I don’t know.  I think his wage and fee would be a challenge to justify for him and would he consider us or want CL football as a minimum.  I think at the right club he will be a real success and bang loads of goals in a bit like when Forlan was at Man U and then when he moved away from there he had a great career.

Werner really wasnt great at Leipzig, they played a system that got the best of his pace but it still took him 7/8 chances a game before getting a goal. His Germany record looks good but he hasnt scored in a major tournament and most of his goals are against the non qualifying European teams

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

I would, he has pedigree but unfortunately it’s just not clicking at Chelsea for him. Is that due to Chelsea or the PL that he doesn’t quite fit I don’t know.  I think his wage and fee would be a challenge to justify for him and would he consider us or want CL football as a minimum.  I think at the right club he will be a real success and bang loads of goals in a bit like when Forlan was at Man U and then when he moved away from there he had a great career.

I think it is because Leipzig are a system team and it is hard to judge the players as individuals outside of that system. I remember a couple of friends over here laughing at how much Chelsea were signing him for and saying that it'll be a disaster.

Massive pinch of salt and even if true I can't see us being successful.

According to Calciomercato.com, Kessié is spoiled for choice when it comes to picking his next club because at the moment there are four offers on the table. The richest are from the Premier League but the ‘most fascinating’ comes from Barcelona, who are making a charge for the top four in LaLiga.

Barcelona are on pole and while they are not yet close to closing the operation, Kessie feels that their project has a certain appeal and although the offer from the Catalans is not the most attractive, they lead the race.

Interestingly it is Aston Villa who have presented an offer to the 25-year-old and the midfielder asked for a few more days to decide.

https://sempremilan.com/aston-villa-barcelona-inter-kessie

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Kessie on a free would be incredible signinv. But if Barcelona want him we have no chance

Funny thing is they can not afford him even on a free unless they first sell us Coutinho.

Kessie would be the biggest signing in our history more than Coutinho but I dont see it

English pundits will absolutely hate him for his style of running and taking penalties 😂

• Like 2

Imo we have no chance of Kessie.  I like that we have allegedly made an offer for him but we aren’t at a level yet that a player like that with no connections at Villa and with no European football would even look at us.  It gets the younger fans and the highly rose tinted optimistic fans excited but we know reality is very different.

• Like 2

I'm not particularly comfortable with us offloading all our wingers in the Summer. If Gerrard gets sacked October /November then it leaves us short for the season,as a new manager will most likely want to play with wide men. It would be difficult to get adequate quantity and quality in January and Coutinho and Buendia are much better centrally. 

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm not particularly comfortable with us offloading all our wingers in the Summer. If Gerrard gets sacked October /November then it leaves us short for the season,as a new manager will most likely want to play with wide men. It would be difficult to get adequate quantity and quality in January and Coutinho and Buendia are much better centrally. 

Yeah but they aren’t going to plan summer spending thinking that Gerrard won’t be around October/November are they.  You either back the managers plans or you don’t, they obviously will.

17 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

What makes you think we are offloading all our wingers? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but they aren’t going to plan summer spending thinking that Gerrard won’t be around October/November are they.  You either back the managers plans or you don’t, they obviously will.

I think that they did this with Smith last summer if I'm honest. However I don't think that Gerrard is going to be sacked in the foreseeable future unless things go really awry.

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think that they did this with Smith last summer if I'm honest. However I don't think that Gerrard is going to be sacked in the foreseeable future unless things go really awry.

I’m not convinced they did, they still spent £100m on Ings, Bailey and Buendia.  Yes I know we got in £100m for Jack but you don’t spend £100m on players if you have some inkling that the manager won’t be around in a couple of months.  We are rich but not that rich to do that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What makes you think we are offloading all our wingers? 

We won't have the money to spend without offloading a few surplus players. Wingers are very much surplus and Bailey won't want to be sitting on the bench every week. I'm sure the club would rather make use of £50m than having Bailey and Traore do nothing either. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We won't have the money to spend without offloading a few surplus players. Wingers are very much surplus and Bailey won't want to be sitting on the bench every week. I'm sure the club would rather make use of £50m than having Bailey and Traore do nothing either. 

Bailey stated games under Gerrard pre injury as did Traore,  just because we play with overlapping modern fullback doesn’t mean that they are surpluses to requirement simply because they play narrower,  the system isn’t that rigid or un flexible,  both Traore and Bailey like to cut inside both could play in a 2 along side Ings or Watkins or each side of a central striker with license to drift wide in possession,  we play with a front three we need to get this “oh we can’t play our wingers because we now play with 10’s” nonsense out of our heads, it’s a front three at times they interchange the shape is flexible do you think Klopp worries about playing Mane or Jota “wingers” central??   

Let's be honest, none of us have a clue what Gerrard will do in the summer. 

I would assume we sign Coutinho, obviously we have Digne in and I would assume Martinez is untouchable but literally anything else could happen with any of the current players. 

We have interest in a number of our players from Cashy to Ollie, we have reservations about all our outfield players and subs, some small reservations to massive reservations.  We also dont know how big or not the club will go, we hear rumours but will that come to fruition, who knows.  I think this summer for the first time in a number of years could be a massive surprise because the manager is fairly new, with his first summer transfer window and the club talking about ambition we could see massive changes or very little but we could see a number of favourites leave the club.

• Thanks 1