Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Cracks me up how most have started to rate Luiz all of a sudden. We would have driven him there ourselves for 25m a couple of months ago.

Who is this 'we'?

Let me be less confrontational, I'm sure some would have but a lot wouldn't have back then, the same as they won't now.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

SSN. Have Man City won the transfer window. Sorry guys I didn't realise you won a trophy even for this?

I’ve switched the noise off, having rarely dipped into watch much over the last year or so.

it’s dumbed down disposable  ‘journalism’ at its worst. 

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Cracks me up how most have started to rate Luiz all of a sudden. We would have driven him there ourselves for 25m a couple of months ago.

I’m disappointed to see him leave but this was always a possibility,  £25m is still profit , I’m sure Sanson was viewed as a potential replacement initially but unfortunately that’s turned sour by no fault of his own.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

SSN. Have Man City won the transfer window. Sorry guys I didn't realise you won a trophy even for this?

I'm guessing they also had it as a wonderfully positive thing rather than a critical piece on how the PL is even more **** than it already was? 

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think everyone's eyes were opened by the way the Kamara-McGinn-JJ midfield worked out at the beginning of the season. Everyone knew that the Doug-McGinn-JJ midfield was unbalanced. Subbing Kamara for Doug didn't make much of a difference; it became apparent to many of us that the real problem is playing McGinn and JJ together. You simply don't have a passer among the two forward midfielders. That's why we keep hoofing it from the back.

I don't know that Dougie is going to turn into a superstar, but from his limited appearances this season, he looks good as an 8 and gives us something McGinn and JJ don't have.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have an awful feeling that something is very wrong at NSWE and its just filtering down.

Its very unlike edens and sawiris not to have acted or communicated anything about the current situation.

Maybe they're as shellshocked as the rest of us by how badly the start to the season has gone.

Maybe we’re trying to get Gallagher. He was linked to Brighton earlier but they’ve just signed Gilmour.

Or maybe Gerson flew over with Caleta-Car.

We’re still not going to create enough to cause teams problems. We need a LW with pace to play opposite Bailey. Critchley played a 4-4-2 at Blackpool, successfully.

But now we’re left with an imbalanced forward line.