Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

I know its not his main position, but I'm not sure signing a player as a dual purpose dm/cb back up when it would appear they've had Champions League starts at CB really counts as shoehorning players out of position.

I'd say it is if he is signed then not played in his main natural position.

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yeah, WTF happened?  We went from being extremely prepared and organized when it comes to transfers to all of a sudden scrambling for deadline day cast offs. 

Gerrard happened. We went with "ready made, tried and trusted" Premier League players, rather than scouting effective high potential players. 

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

bednerek, 1 year loan, all but confirmed

I mean, it's a centre half, but **** hell that's barrel scraping. There's not a better CB, in the entirety of world football, that we could get, than Bednarek?

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Southampton get Lacroix and will sell him to Liverpool next season for £80m.

We'll buy Bednarek next summer for £15m and loan him to Besiktas in the January until his contract runs out.

They're possibly taking more of a risk signing someone who hasn't played in England before. Feels like the risk/reward in this case could be worth it though.

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

we need to move on players before he could buy more

I'd expect it's more a combination of this plus intentionally waiting out the window for market to move and better deals to potentially become availabile. Shifting players probably has a bigger short term impact on ffp and what we can do in a window than it might seem on face of it, so getting a number of players out might change the level or number of targets we can pursue.

Always felt to me like the early business was done because that was the only time we could get those specific deals done, and the rest of the window would be a case of waiting it out. Doesn't feel massively panicked to me.

• Like 1