Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Bednarek to West Ham and Dawson to Wolves.

I can understand why neither wanted to come here. Once Carlos is fit are they going to get as much game time? Plus we are in the mire atm so better off not joining the club in this state

1 minute ago, grobs said:

Players aren’t going to pick us when there is a very real threat of relegation 

Yeah, we're losing out on Dawson and Bednarek. So seems we will have to go with 3 CBs until Jan at least

Dendoncker isn't a great player but he is the kind of player we need in the middle. I actually think he'd do a decent job for us.

Moura is a big no. He's the definition of a highlights player. Looks flashy from the outside and has a sexy name but doesn't actually do much. He's also the wrong side of 30 and would be on huge wages. Don't see the point in going for him at all.

I'm normally a very positive Villa fan, but something is badly wrong at the minute. This summer window has been a shambles. Something is rotten at the club and I'm not sure what.

• Like 1

Dendoncker was quite highly rated before he went to wolves (I think a few on here suggested him as a target). Sometimes things don't work out at a club but it doesn't make them a bad player. A lot of our players look terrible in Gerrard's system but would look quality in a different set up.

I'm not saying he won't be crap here, but we need to be open to the possibility that he has the potential to thrive as well. 

Here is an article on dendoncker during his time under nuno, where his performances were better then they are now. https://www.90min.com/posts/leander-dendoncker-is-fast-becoming-the-unsung-hero-at-the-heart-of-wolves-midfield-opinion

He would be a good foil for Kamara imo. 

Edited by Made In Aston

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Its funny how people want to believe the 'not so inspiring' rumours and treat them as fact but the positive rumours are completely dismissed. 🤣

I agree overall but what are the positive rumours I’ve missed mate?

Edited by nick76