Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

If true re: Dendoncker I'm glad our esteemed recruitment department have identified our issue with several current midfielders in the squad not showing for, nor making enough passes over the course of games and have looked to rectify it.

Ah yes...

Screenshot_20220901-002334_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Indigo said:

If true re: Dendoncker I'm glad our esteemed recruitment department have identified our issue with several current midfielders in the squad not showing for, nor making enough passes over the course of games and have looked to rectify it.

Ah yes...

Screenshot_20220901-002334_Chrome.jpgN

Its a joke surely. Bring back Salifou 

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Ah yes...

Wolves fans think he's shit.

Our worldwide scouting network has managed to identify a shit player, ten miles down the road!

• Like 1

Dendoncker really isn't that bad of player, I doubt Wolves actually want to lose him, he's started four of their games this season, I think he's one of about only four midfield options that they have, but they're a selling club, didn't get the money they were expecting for Neves, so now having to sell others, Neto also being linked with Arsenal, their owners in trouble financially, seems to have gone under the radar that they're actually in just as bad form as us, not just this season but going back over the last ten games or so of last season, Lage is another who is probably in danger of losing his job.

I can understand it's not an exciting signing, not really an exciting player, but he's someone who I can imagine having a similar impact to Chambers if he was to sign, that is being much better than people realize or expect, he's been a regular for Wolves team that have been finishing where we're trying to get to and also a regular for the Belgium national team, the more I think about it the more he might be what our midfield needs, and could also cover central defence.

• Like 2

Dendoncker may not be shit but he sure isn’t good. Wolves worst midfielder, at least in terms of ball playing ability (they have some good ones there in Neves and Moutinho obviously).

I get the feeling Villa have a fixation with signing players from within the league. ”Prem proven” players. That would be fine if they were proven to be good but that’s rarely the case here.

Of course Villa will never make any unexpected finds, or sell players on for profit, as long as we’re happy to pay a ”PL tax” for 27-30 year olds who have been in the league for years and are now being pushed out of their current clubs.

43 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Ah yes...

Screenshot_20220901-002334_Chrome.jpg

Lol good at literally nothing, I take it back he would be the perfect Villa signing. Should slot very nicely into midfield alongside our fearless captain.

57 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

What's happened to the ambition of the club and owners linked to players now with no upgrade to what we got in the squad. Preseason big talk from Purslow and owners and manager pushing for top 6.

It’s the fixation with only buying from within the league. Buying from rival clubs is notoriously difficult which is why few other clubs do it.

But Villa refuse to look outside the Prem, so the best we can hope for are players who become surplus when our rivals upgrade.

Say what you want about that Lyric bloke on twitter but he does seem to genuinely have a source, especially if you look back at his tweet history and the dates of them.

Bizarrely, seems he's a Liverpool supporter, but only gets transfer news about Villa 🤔, according to him.

Wonder what, who, or where his connections could come from.

He said about 13 hours ago that Doug wouldn't be leaving.

I read through a few of the tweets and responses.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Wolves haven't upgraded Dendoncker, the only midfielder they signed this summer Nunes is a completey different player from what I've read and the little I've seen, I've no idea why Wolves would even want to sell him other than needing the money, for starters he's one of only four senior midfielders they have, and he's the only 'water carrier' type midfielder they have, they need him or someone like him in their team to allow their more flair players to play their game.

17 minutes ago, useless said:

It's from last year but this thread titled is 'Dendoncker our most important player' on 'Molineux Mix' seems to be complimentary enough.

I would like us to have more passing skill and ball control in midfield. People in the thread you linked seem to have a view of Dendoncker similar to the one I have: that he’s a hard worker and useful workhorse, almost like a taller McGinn.

”With a Neves and Donk midfield pairing we are more stable and concede less, but for me there is little creative offensive play because Donk has so few touches but covers well and is a good 'spoiler'. But Neves thrives on playing with another passing midfield partner. Donk is not really that man.”

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Say what you want about that Lyric bloke on twitter but he does seem to genuinely have a source, especially if you look back at his tweet history and the dates of them.

Bizarrely, seems he's a Liverpool supporter, but only gets transfer news about Villa 🤔, according to him.

Wonder what, who, or where his connections could come from.

He said about 13 hours ago that Doug wouldn't be leaving.

I read through a few of the tweets and responses.

Must be Gerrard, lol.

I'd welcome Dendoncker from what I've seen of him. He can be quite good, both on the ball and reading play. Physical presence. I don't know him well enough to say with any real confidence but if he's consistently as good as I've seen him be, he'll be giving McGinn a good run for his money and the only thing JJ is ahead of him in is driving forward at the defence for a run.

Edit: I'd just like to add I know nothing about the fee or wages. And I think he is very much an addition to fit in with the current approach Gerrard has, which will see more of us winning the ball back, or attempting to, and then playing lofted and direct passes forward, and less of us developing prolonged and deliberate sequences of passing on the floor to find space and then exploit it. Currently Coutinho is the only one consistently incisive and precise enough with his passing, movement and ideas combined to have a real go at attacking meaningfully both solo and making it so team mates are better off for his involvement in our attacking half. Buendia is capable and has moments of genius but Coutinho even the most simple of touches or plays means we continue on in good stead, or at the least it was the right idea. The rest of it is too reliant on individuality and our approach is contrived, predictable and lacks ingenuity. Sad because we have players in every position that can hold their own at the very least among the best. Collectively, we're miserable in my view. Thanks to Gerrards current approach. Hope he changes it up and we find our stride, I don't think he will be able to deliver that for us though. 

Edited by A'Villan