Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I've just heard on the grapevine who the mythical new forward signing is going to be......

.......Dwight Gayle.

We have missed the boat he's at Stoke now. Oh well, we continue our search....;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

I seriously struggle to believe that, we have been premier leagues top 5 spenders the past 4 years, whilst only receiving Grealish money. Pretty sure adding digne, ings, coutinho, carlos, Kamara in the past year, all players on easily 100k plus, whilst having a bunch of deadweight we cant get rid of, will definitely be testing our wage limits. I am though no expert and am yet to read a reliable report on our current state

Ok, read the FFP thread then.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I said it previously, there is no point spending a fortune on a new defender. Gerrard has said Carlos will play again this season. 

We need a short term replacement who then becomes a squad player. Or a loan. 

When SG said Carlos will play again this season, I read it more as him trying to encourage the player and keep his hopes up (possibly also trying to encourage the fans). Gerrard can’t really know when Carlos will be ready, or worst case even if he ever will be.

I don’t like to see us signing ageing or declining players btw… worried about high wages and overly long contracts, hard to shift and a financial burden…

But the CB situation is an awkward one… if they want someone to “fill in” or just a stop gap signing then so be it, I just expected better from the club. Plenty of options out there…

Sign a top midfielder and I won’t be complaining once the window closes.

6 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Maybe we also can ask Jonas Olsson to come out of retirement? Would be worth it just for @Zatman's reaction :)

Bring in Sebastian Larsson too. Lots of energy and intensity...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Maybe we also can ask Jonas Olsson to come out of retirement? Would be worth it just for @Zatman's reaction :)

what a clearing in the woods he was, I remember him acting like a hardman and then doing a ridiculous bit of playacting to get a Villa player sent off

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

what a clearing in the woods he was, I remember him acting like a hardman and then doing a ridiculous bit of playacting to get a Villa player sent off

"Expert" on Swedish telly these days 🙄

Still better than Bojan "Scored a goal for Man U against Celtic in a friendly that one time" Djordjic

1 minute ago, sne said:

"Expert" on Swedish telly these days 🙄

Still better than Bojan "Scored a goal for Man U against Celtic in a friendly that one time" Djordjic

mm Bojan Djordjic was a brilliant player on Championship Manager, he should be leading with that

• Like 1