Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Says more about not wanting to spend than not able to spend. If it’s true that Bednarek turned us down that may also point to uncertainty at the club. It could mean that behind the scenes we are close to a deal for another CB and Bednarek or his agent knew and so it was a face saving decision to say no to us. 

There have been no credible reports that Bednarek has even spoken to us, let alone "turned us down". The stuff on Twitter is utter guff from crumb feeders trying to sound relevant. 

• Like 2

Calm down! Even if we don't sign anyone now We still have a good squad that underachieving, its good enough for top 10! Just need to find the right balance, formation and tactics. 

• Like 2

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Unless the rumour of Emi breaking his hand yesterday is true (which I have no reason whatsoever to believe - just hope this isn’t the connection)

The original poster replied stating that this was an old post which had been used to demonstrate what a prat Crook is so no current linkage. Having said that where did you find the story about Martinez’ hand? Any chance it was a keyboard warrior taking a break from self-flagilation?

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

There have been no credible reports that Bednarek has even spoken to us, let alone "turned us down". The stuff on Twitter is utter guff from crumb feeders trying to sound relevant. 

People are jumping at anything remotely negative. I’m tired of challenging this stuff. Negativity loves company. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Says more about not wanting to spend than not able to spend. If it’s true that Bednarek turned us down that may also point to uncertainty at the club. It could mean that behind the scenes we are close to a deal for another CB and Bednarek or his agent knew and so it was a face saving decision to say no to us. 

i've never been sold on Bednarek tbh, i don't think he is as bad as some people make out but not the answer for us. It is worrying if players are doubting us though or waiting for a newcastle/everton/west ham to come in for them instead.

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

How do you go from having Sarr having his medical to "not right for Villa"?

Something is off. Something has gone wrong.

Well if the main theory that Sarr and/or his agents came in at the 11th hour with some contractual changes that soured the mood amongst Gerrard and Co is true, I don’t think it’s that worrying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well if the main theory that Sarr and/or his agents came in at the 11th hour with some contractual changes that soured the mood amongst Gerrard and Co is true, I don’t think it’s that worrying.

Indeed. Should we have just bent over and accepted whatever these new demands were? If all he was about was wages then was **** him!

Edited by Pissflaps
  • Like 4

Does anyone else feel that the media are deliberately playing on our emotions right now? They know we are as a collective, on edge right now about a few things so they are deliberately not posting the full quotes from pressers.

In terms of transfer news anyway lol

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Does anyone else feel that the media are deliberately playing on our emotions right now? They know we are as a collective, on edge right now about a few things so they are deliberately not posting the full quotes from pressers.

The media haven’t got a clue they’re a bunch of smegma stained bellends. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Shit, more and more of these tweets coming out:

Could he surprise us all and be a revelation for us? 🤣

Thank God we didn't have social media when we sign Paul Mcgrath, injury prone alcoholic that Sir Alex wanted out of United, also Shaun Teale brought from from lower league Bournemouth also played for Weymouth and Stockport. 

There's more that could me mentioned that we're either crocks when we brought them, or got from lower league. 

Now I'm not saying Bendrak is Mcgrath Reincarnated but if we sign him how about giving him a chance before writing him off. 

Or we maybe should stick with can't jump Konsa who the game passes by. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think we all need cheering up:

Off topic, but those videos did cheer me up (a bit). That Dyer video reminds me of one, where an elderly Tommy Lawrence was interviewed in Liverpool about the 1967 Everton derby and the young reporter didn't realise that he was Liverpool's first team keeper in that game. :D

image.jpeg.7c1b73d80b8c3259915c8a6812d90706.jpeg Tommy Lawrence: Tributes are paid to former Liverpool goalkeeper who died  aged 77 - BBC Sport

• Like 2