Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, useless said:

Are people forgetting that we signed Kamara, he's exactly the type of midfielder that everyone one was wishing for before the window opened, we already signed the much wished for midfielder, he's a French international, and one that was mentioned as a target but most thought it unrealistic as he was being linked to more succesful clubs, the club haven't ignored the midfield issue, they signed a player for that area of the pitch that most of us couldn't have imagined even if our name was John Lennon.

We will probably or at least try to sign an additional midfielder to challenge Jacob Ramsey and McGInn in the box-to-box roles, but that wasn't something people were talking about us being in desperate need to improve at the start of the window, the DM was position that most were demanding to be improved and we've done that.

Point is I don't get why people on twitter not on here keep saying things like we've failed to address the midfield problem in yet another window, when the midfield problem was famously a lack of quality of a certain type in the DM position, and we've addressed that by making a most fantastic signing in Boubacar Kamara.

Because he is persisting with two midfielders who constantly leave the new player we all wanted exposed.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I honestly don’t understand the argument you’re making. Mcginn and JJ aren’t good enough in possession, Fbref backs it up. Our midfield was badly exposed against palace and they don’t help the cause that’s why there’s cries for Luiz to start. It’s not an agenda, the stats just backed it up. Is it Buendia you’re quoting in the fan favourite? If so I’m not sure the relevance 

No argument. Just don’t get why those specific attacking stats were used to prove a point around 1 or 2 players when our attacking players had stats just as bad.

The whole team needs to own that performance along with the manager.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 minutes ago, supermon said:

Hate to say this but looks like Newcastle transfer dealings are much more better than ours, they seem to have overtaken us in just one year

It's what happens when the club makes bad decisions. 

Edited by DCJonah

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

Hate to say this but looks like Newcastle transfer dealings are much more better than ours, they seem to have overtaken us in just one year

That’s because they had a stronger base to build on with loads of FFP wiggle room as Ashley hardly spent.  He left them in a good place to build.  We had to spend quite a lot just building a squad that can stay in the league. We have carried on spending since then but I do wonder how much more we can spend due to FFP.

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

Lets see how they'd look if Botman or Guimaraes got season ending injuries on the weekend. 

I know he's young but Isak is no way near a £65m player. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s because they had a stronger base to build on with loads of FFP wiggle room as Ashley hardly spent.  He left them in a good place to build.  We had to spend quite a lot just building a squad that can stay in the league. We have carried on spending since then but I do wonder how much more we can spend due to FFP.

Exactly this.

Stronger starting point, and a shedload more money.

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Abdou Diallo has rejected the chance to join AC Milan. He is not convinced by the sporting project. Aston Villa remain in contention for the central defender

(Source Lequipe) "

Yeah so AC Milan can't convince him of success but we can?! This is a BS rumour and, realistically, Diallo is not coming here. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This, Ashley left them in a good place regarding FFP. For all they slagged him off he made them a viable option for a takeover. Their fan base is probably the most deluded fan base in world football mind, considering they haven’t won anything for over 50 years. Being a one city club with a good following doesn’t make you a big club imo, great support yes but big club, no!

Edited by WHY
  • Thanks 1

I think we need to reluctantly accept Newcastle have had a great transfer window and unfortunately will just get better and better moving forwards. Hopefully we have a bit of action at the end of the transfer window to cheer us all up 

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

If AEG is gone you have three forwards, we currently have three centre backs and we already thought we needed a midfielder.

Guilbert, Nakamba and Sansan are surplus to requirements imo. 3rd/4th placed backup should be from youth imo or players covering multiple positions e.g. Ash

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

I think we need to reluctantly accept Newcastle have had a great transfer window and unfortunately will just get better and better moving forwards. Hopefully we have a bit of action at the end of the transfer window to cheer us all up 

Isak isn't a great signing. I think they'll hit FFP limits soon. I think our squad is as talented as they have. We just aren't clicking yet. I hope that's around the corner 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sure i saw on the Transfer show that Newcastle were in for him.

I think.

I was assuming that he was an alternative to Isak, I hadn't consider them buying both but now u say it that could be the case

6 minutes ago, grobs said:

I accepted this as soon as they got taken over. lol

It's why i was hoping they'd get relegated to at least delay the inevitable and allow us another year to try and stregthen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Abdou Diallo has rejected the chance to join AC Milan. He is not convinced by the sporting project. Aston Villa remain in contention for the central defender

(Source Lequipe) "

If he is looking for a sporting project we are well positioned. Send Gerrard and Purslow to his house with the PowerPoint and he is all but signed up

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Isak isn't a great signing. I think they'll hit FFP limits soon. I think our squad is as talented as they have. We just aren't clicking yet. I hope that's around the corner 

Out of curiosity which of our 11 would you think are better than Newcastle? Kamara, coutinho (maybe), digne and cash. Other than that I’m struggling