Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, useless said:

El Ghazi being linked with move to Dutch outfit PSV, interestingly as a replacement for Madueke, who is out injured until November, Madueke is someone who I think we've been very loosely linked to, but if we're confident that his injury isn't too serious maybe could be an option as an alternative to Sarr, I haven't seen much of him so don't know how similar he is, but would be another attacking option.

Genius let’s buy someone whose injured until November , I know we did it in the past (Downing ?) but this is ridiculous, you admit you know very little about him so why would you think it’s a good investment?

You dare to sarcastically call me a genius but don't read my post properly.

And not sure how it's ridiculous, you don't have to have seen much of a player to know that they're very highly rated, or to know that they've done well at an high level at an early age, I've probably seen just as much as him as others have seen of the players that they suggest, but I'm honest enought admit so.

Not having seen much of player, and knowing very little about them are two different things, it's not as if I've never heard of him or haven't seen him play at all, Madueke is a fairly famous player, he's an England U21 international which is for whom I've seen him play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

El Ghazi being linked with move to Dutch outfit PSV, interestingly as a replacement for Madueke, who is out injured until November, Madueke is someone who I think we've been very loosely linked to, but if we're confident that his injury isn't too serious maybe could be an option as an alternative to Sarr, I haven't seen much of him so don't know how similar he is, but would be another attacking option.

I've seen play for England U21's a few times. Very quick and tricky winger, Bit of a Zaha\Eze type of player. Looks a talent.

44 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Any chance Lange can inquire about Sangare when he on the phone?

As in: we will give u ElGhazi for free and pay 50% of his wages if u give us Sangare for 30m 😀

Seriously though, with Rangers result last night PSV have a much more difficult financial year ahead and may need to cash in. The same logic will suggest they won't want to pay a fee for ElGhazi

Sorry the thread has moved on now, but yes Madueke looks a player that relies more on great skill more so than speed, but as I say I've ony seen him a few times, could be that it just so happened that he didn't particularly display his speed in those game, which is why I said I'm not sure if he's similar to Sarr in that regard, who himself has good skill but also has notable pace.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Sorry the thread has moved on now, but yes Madueke looks a player that relies more on great skill more so than speed, but as I say I've ony seen him a few times, could be that it just so happened that he didn't particularly display his speed in those game, which is why I said I'm not sure if he's similar to Sarr in that regard, who himself has good skill but also has notable pace.

I like the type of player but I would not like to see us buy a player that is not due back from a serious injury till after the WC break. Too much risk imo and not enough short term ROI for the investment. It would be difficult to have any real positive contribution this season. I would much prefer to see the money go on a player that goes straight into the 1st team

I'm confident we will sign a midfielder like Sangare(Similar to his profile) this summer. It will just come out the blue. Maybe tomorrow is the day 

Edited by messi11

There were some very selective stats posted earlier to show how poor McGinn and Ramsey were against Palace which I agree they were. But below are the same stats of a fans favourite  right now just to illustrate how poor other players were too. Not a defence of McGinn. Just don’t think it’s the right game to have a dig at individuals unless calling out all of them. 

0 key passes -0 crosses -1 shots -1 dribbles attempted -80.0% pass accuracy

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There were some very selective stats posted earlier to show how poor McGinn and Ramsey were against Palace which I agree they were. But below are the same stats of a fans favourite  right now just to illustrate how poor other players were too. Not a defence of McGinn. Just don’t think it’s the right game to have a dig at individuals unless calling out all of them. 

0 key passes -0 crosses -1 shots -1 dribbles attempted -80.0% pass accuracy

I honestly don’t understand the argument you’re making. Mcginn and JJ aren’t good enough in possession, Fbref backs it up. Our midfield was badly exposed against palace and they don’t help the cause that’s why there’s cries for Luiz to start. It’s not an agenda, the stats just backed it up. Is it Buendia you’re quoting in the fan favourite? If so I’m not sure the relevance 

10 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I honestly don’t understand the argument you’re making. Mcginn and JJ aren’t good enough in possession, Fbref backs it up. Our midfield was badly exposed against palace and they don’t help the cause that’s why there’s cries for Luiz to start. It’s not an agenda, the stats just backed it up. Is it Buendia you’re quoting in the fan favourite? If so I’m not sure the relevance 

Do you think Gerrard wants to play possession football tho?
If so why does he continue to play Ramsey and McGinn together knowing they aren't good in possession. 

11 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If so why does he continue to play Ramsey and McGinn together knowing they aren't good in possession. 

I think he says he does but hasn’t got a clue how to achieve it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

I think you could play them together if you had 2 holding midfielders,  trouble is we have 1 again and with our fullbacks being so forward thinking we are exposed at the back,  so either mcginn or Ramsey have to cover them,  and it's just not there game. 

So if we see going to play to very attacking fullbacks,  then we must get another DM and play 2 together. 

A system of 4 2 3 1 would work and with 2 holding midfielders that can drop back when the full backs go,  would leave us. Currently with McGinn,  JJ,  Luiz, Buendia, Coutinho,  Bailey, Ings,  Ollie and Archer

Which I think is good enough to rotate for the 4 attacking places

• Like 1