Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

28 minutes ago, KH** said:

Someone should really be taking a look at Malick Thiaw at Schalke 

Correct. Thiaw destined for a Brentford or Brighton... or Newcastle.

Edited by Tomaszk

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If he's really keen on moving to us and playing under SG, that would be an encouraging start in any upcoming transfer talks. What sort of wages would he want though, surely not something south of what Sarr demanded?

I think it’s clear that Villa like a bargain. We have our valuation for players and if they become available then we will swoop. The problem with this is that if they do not come available at the right price, then we seem to do nothing!

We simply cannot end another window without fully addressing our pitiful midfield. To me that means 2 more midfielders. If we have to pay over the odds to get it done, then that’s what we must do. It’s simply not acceptable to let another window drift by without fully addressing this major weakness.

I would be looking to go for two physical, big, athletic players similar to Sangare. Get these in and I’m sure that in time, the defence and attack would look much better without any further additions. It would be nice to get another centre back and another pacy forward but the priority has to be the midfield. Anything else would be a massive bonus.

The support that we have had from NSWE has been fantastic but I really feel we are at a critical part of our progression. If they are really serious about their intentions then now is not the time to back off. We must go for it! Hopefully this will happen over the next few days. If it doesn’t, then it’s going to be another very disappointing season, regardless of who the manager is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I actually think Bednerek would be quite good. Very good in the air which would certainly help us from offensive and defensive set plays. Also potentially links up well with cash at RB due to polish connection. 

• Like 1

The three rumoured yesterday in a triple swoop were Bednarek, James Garner, and Brereton DIaz. I don't actually think the first two are bad players, but those three as a triple swoop would be underwhelming.

41 minutes ago, John said:

If he's really keen on moving to us and playing under SG, that would be an encouraging start in any upcoming transfer talks. What sort of wages would he want though, surely not something south of what Sarr demanded?

Don't you know Sarr offered to play for free,  it was all Gerrard fault for him not signing. 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

This is pretty unlikely, as we would have gone for him instead of Carlos if he was available and wanted to come to us. 

Apparently those are good sources but got no clue.

I'd legit look at it as having another quality option in the squad, and possibly moving Konsa on eventually.

Bare in mind Carlos can also play left.

So we would have at least 3 pretty strong CB options in Mings, Carlos and this guy who I have no clue about but am lead to believe is quality.

Stats also very good.

46 minutes ago, useless said:

The three rumoured yesterday in a triple swoop were Bednarek, James Garner, and Brereton DIaz. I don't actually think the first two are bad players, but those three as a triple swoop would be underwhelming.

Good signings if your a yoyo team and want to go down and come back up again every season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I think it’s clear that Villa like a bargain. We have our valuation for players and if they become available then we will swoop. The problem with this is that if they do not come available at the right price, then we seem to do nothing!

We simply cannot end another window without fully addressing our pitiful midfield. To me that means 2 more midfielders. If we have to pay over the odds to get it done, then that’s what we must do. It’s simply not acceptable to let another window drift by without fully addressing this major weakness.

I would be looking to go for two physical, big, athletic players similar to Sangare. Get these in and I’m sure that in time, the defence and attack would look much better without any further additions. It would be nice to get another centre back and another pacy forward but the priority has to be the midfield. Anything else would be a massive bonus.

The support that we have had from NSWE has been fantastic but I really feel we are at a critical part of our progression. If they are really serious about their intentions then now is not the time to back off. We must go for it! Hopefully this will happen over the next few days. If it doesn’t, then it’s going to be another very disappointing season, regardless of who the manager is.

I think it’s more of a manager issue than a midfield. It’s clear that we need Luiz to keep starting, he’d change the whole midfield. But our manager choices is letting us down. Even at Palace, he should’ve done changes, but waited until the third goal. 
I won’t say no for a good midfielder but we need an upgrade on Luiz. We can’t keep buying average players and fail to sell them.

• Like 1